Gunstix Game Changing Shooting Sticks

I just purchased a set of these Gunstix quad shooting sticks. My initial assessment is, they are easy to adjust, easy to maneuver, very portable, they collapse down to 36" and they are ROCK STEADY!
Although I haven't shot with them yet, I did walk around the yard with them and a rifle. I can easily hold on something the size of a pine cone at 150 yards. They will make shooting plains game at longer distance a breeze. I will do some shooting for groups and report back.
TBC....

View attachment 416791View attachment 416792
I used similar ones in Namibia and they take some getting use to

I just purchased a set of these Gunstix quad shooting sticks. My initial assessment is, they are easy to adjust, easy to maneuver, very portable, they collapse down to 36" and they are ROCK STEADY!
Although I haven't shot with them yet, I did walk around the yard with them and a rifle. I can easily hold on something the size of a pine cone at 150 yards. They will make shooting plains game at longer distance a breeze. I will do some shooting for groups and report back.
TBC....

View attachment 416791View attachment 416792
@TOBY458
Or should I say toby375, the are a dead ringer for the viper flex quad sticks. A benchrest in the bush.
How does the price compare to the vipers
Bob

I bought my 4StableSticks in Decathlon (a sporting goods store) for 80€.

If you are in Western Europe, I think you can easily order them online from them.

Bought a set of these from a guy on another forum. Said he was the US distributor. $170 delivered. No manufacturer stamped on them. Might be a knockoff, but they work. Mine have the webbing strap between the V and the flat front.
Only took a few shots to get used to them. Very steady; as some have said, close to a bench but portable. This fall will be the first use hunting, but I'm expecting them to perform as well in the field as on my range. Easy to shoot under 2" at 100yd standing with a rifle that shoots just under an inch off sand bags.
I've been using a tripod for several years. These take about the same time to adjust. For standing, kneeling and sitting, they work well, although it did take some experimenting to find the best method to deploy for sitting. But after a few hundred rounds off the quad sticks, the tripod has been retired. The quad sticks also weigh a pound less at just over 2lbs.

A little follow up. Last weekend used the quad sticks from the seated position to drop a pronghorn at 295 yards. Felt as steady as though I was sitting at the bench in the backyard.
I've used these with quite a few different rifles, including a muzzleloader and a double, sitting, kneeling and standing. Haven't found anything yet that gave me the same stability in the field. Gonna pick up another set, just in case.

I shot this pronghorn 2 years ago while standing in the back of a pickup truck (me not the goat).
Range was 235 yards.
58118_600x400.jpg

Normally, I do not shoot from the bed of a truck, but the grass was so tall that the Pronghorn were near invisible standing on the ground I(me and the goats).

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna resurrect this thread to give Hunters Network a plug for great service. Went to the Gunstix website as I saw they have made a 3rd leg for the Gunstix. The only gripe my kid and I have had was they wouldn't stand on their own. This clip on leg eliminates that problem.
So I ordered 3 of them to go with the 3 sets of Gunstix my son and I have. Less than an hour later, Arjun called to verify, wondering if I really had wanted a Gunstix, not support legs. I appreciate that type of service.

And they have already been packaged and shipped! (y)

I loved these before I went on my first safari with mountains and moving animals. Disaster for me…had to go back to my PH sticks. @Philip Glass put me onto the new Blaser Shooting 2 sticks with front and back support that move side to side with great ease…now these are magic and am taking them to Zim. They are in my opinion the very best

Arjun is a great guy. I have a set of GunStix, as well. I've been practicing off them quite a bit lately (along with offhand) for an upcoming hunt. I find them much more stable than standard tripod sticks.

The main difference I see is, yours don't hava a strap in-between the front and back rests. This is adjustable and keeps the two halves from falling away from each other.
The Gun Stix are also height adjustable to allow them to be used sitting, kneeling or standing. Unlike the 4 stable sticks I used in RSA. (edited to say: this is the biggest reason I ordered these. At one point in RSA we were sitting on the ground at a water hole. Tall sticks were not very convenient)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois