Gunstix Game Changing Shooting Sticks

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I just purchased a set of these Gunstix quad shooting sticks. My initial assessment is, they are easy to adjust, easy to maneuver, very portable, they collapse down to 36" and they are ROCK STEADY!
Although I haven't shot with them yet, I did walk around the yard with them and a rifle. I can easily hold on something the size of a pine cone at 150 yards. They will make shooting plains game at longer distance a breeze. I will do some shooting for groups and report back.
TBC....

20210803_163135.jpg
20210803_164917.jpg

I bought some, but ended up buying the short ones, so they are supposed to be used for sitting or kneeling. I didn't take them on my last trip to Africa, but for antelope or something like that, they are close to a bench rest.

Glad you see the value in quad sticks, I’m definitely sold on them. I try to write this in every post about them, but I really think my technique is valuable if people try it and practice. Obviously you can use your thumb for small left and right adjustments, but use a sling and put the sling in front of the rest. Don’t hold the forearm of the rifle hold the sling and cross of the sticks with your left hand. This lets you pivot on the left or right side without taking the gun out of the sticks for major adjustments. It’s not ideal with a barrel band but it still works for me with my 375. I really think quad sticks can be nearly as fast as a tripod with some practice, but much more accurate, biggest change with quad sticks is focusing on getting the back of the rifle into the sticks instead of the front. The front of rifle just falls into place if you put back in properly.

Glad you see the value in quad sticks, I’m definitely sold on them. I try to write this in every post about them, but I really think my technique is valuable if people try it and practice. Obviously you can use your thumb for small left and right adjustments, but use a sling and put the sling in front of the rest. Don’t hold the forearm of the rifle hold the sling and cross of the sticks with your left hand. This lets you pivot on the left or right side without taking the gun out of the sticks for major adjustments. It’s not ideal with a barrel band but it still works for me with my 375. I really think quad sticks can be nearly as fast as a tripod with some practice, but much more accurate, biggest change with quad sticks is focusing on getting the back of the rifle into the sticks instead of the front. The front of rifle just falls into place if you put back in properly.
Nice. I used my PH's quads on my last hunt and they are stable. Took some getting used to with the limited range of motion. What are the specs and price of these?

+1 on the sling use. Figured that out with my 4stablesticks

I just purchased a set of these Gunstix quad shooting sticks. My initial assessment is, they are easy to adjust, easy to maneuver, very portable, they collapse down to 36" and they are ROCK STEADY!
Although I haven't shot with them yet, I did walk around the yard with them and a rifle. I can easily hold on something the size of a pine cone at 150 yards. They will make shooting plains game at longer distance a breeze. I will do some shooting for groups and report back.
TBC....

View attachment 416791View attachment 416792
I bought the same ones although they are called Dead4Hold here, not sure who copied who though.
I’ve used them a lot this season and it’s a game changer. I’ve used traditional shooting sticks as well as Triggersticks, but nothing compares on steadiness. For speed the traditional wins, but with a bit of training it goes quite well to change sideways. I hunt mostly alone and it works well for me. With a PH there setting them up for you it will be even faster and better.
I can recommend the usage of a good quality quad stick system.

Toby they look basically the same as my 4 Stable Sticks purchased from J.J. Perodeou.

I got the carbon fiber 3 piece set and plan to take them with to Tanzania :)

My old Trigger Sticks may end up as a spotting scope tripod ;)
20210804_124939.jpg
20210804_125034.jpg
20210804_125257.jpg
20210804_125227.jpg

Toby they look basically the same as my 4 Stable Sticks purchased from J.J. Perodeou.

I got the carbon fiber 3 piece set and plan to take them with to Tanzania :)

My old Trigger Sticks may end up as a spotting scope tripod ;)View attachment 416801View attachment 416803View attachment 416805View attachment 416806
The main difference I see is, yours don't hava a strap in-between the front and back rests. This is adjustable and keeps the two halves from falling away from each other.

I hope you only have the rifle backwards on the sticks for the photo lol
You mean with the rear resting on the wider spot vs. the V notch?

That is the way J.J. showed me to use them and I tried it "backwards" ;) but prefer it this way. It keeps the front on the rifle firmly in place and I find it easier to slide the back of the gun over to get lined up on target. As Toby mentioned, you get a pretty wide range of motion on target even with the 3.5" wide base under the stock.... or under the barrel if you prefer.

With other shooting sticks, you place the barrel or forend in the V. Naturally more difficult to control the end of the barrel sticking out away from you than the butt stock tight to your shoulder. Personally this seems the natural way to use them.

But use them as you like! :)

Bob

The main difference I see is, yours don't hava a strap in-between the front and back rests. This is adjustable and keeps the two halves from falling away from each other.
Yup that is different but not the biggest difference... I may need to look into that however this set is designed to be ultra light weight.

Biggest difference is I paid $310 (if memory serves) picked up!

Oh, and you are using yours backwards. Hahaha ;)

That is the way J.J. showed me to use them and I tried it "backwards" ;) but prefer it this way. It keeps the front on the rifle firmly in place and I find it easier to slide the back of the gun over to get lined up on target. As Toby mentioned, you get a pretty wide range of motion on target even with the 3.5" wide base under the stock.... or under the barrel if you prefer.

With other shooting sticks, you place the barrel or forend in the V. Naturally more difficult to control the end of the barrel sticking out away from you than the butt stock tight to your shoulder. Personally this seems the natural way to use them.

Bob

I was also under the impression to use the flat part for the forend and the v for the stock. I think you’ll have larger side to side movement angle with it. On YouTube you can find videos from 4StableSticks and how to use them. Also with the flat part up front.

Then I use my thumb or the sling to pull to one side or the other.

But I’ll test your system too

I was also under the impression to use the flat part for the forend and the v for the stock. I think you’ll have larger side to side movement angle with it. On YouTube you can find videos from 4StableSticks and how to use them. Also with the flat part up front.

And I'll have to play around with them more too. I have only shot my 470NE double off them so far, just had it locked up when I went to take pictures so grabbed that 30-06.

@TOBY458 looking closer at your pictures. You have way more adjustment on the legs also. Mine are three piece clip together and can leave out the center pieces to have shorter ones. Such as for mountain hunting.

Bob
Ok I guess lol

One thing I think you’ll find though shooting like that. I’ve borrowed sticks with a front V (and back V). It’s more difficult to shoot accurately at distance because when you use the flat part in front the rifle stays neutral for any left or right adjustments. With a V in front, you will put some spring tension into the rifle for any left or right adjustments so you really need to focus on perfect follow through to shoot accurately. Also on 4 stable sticks the flat front is higher than the V, which might be an issue shooting with the V as the front

The pictures on box also show flat part in front.

I bought a set of quad adjustable shooting stick from Rudolph Optics. I'm planning on taking them with me next year.

Biggest difference is I paid $310 (if memory serves) picked up!
The base model 4 stable sticks are/were like $170 then go up from there. I’ve unfortunately gone through a few, one gifted to a PH, one lost against a tree somehow, one for my Dad, and I’m on my 3rd set now

The base model 4 stable sticks are/were like $170 then go up from there. I’ve unfortunately gone through a few, one gifted to a PH, one lost against a tree somehow, one for my Dad, and I’m on my 3rd set now
Once I saw how much I like these, I went ahead and ordered a second set for similar reasons...

Ok I guess lol

One thing I think you’ll find though shooting like that. I’ve borrowed sticks with a front V (and back V). It’s more difficult to shoot accurately at distance because when you use the flat part in front the rifle stays neutral for any left or right adjustments. With a V in front, you will put some spring tension into the rifle for any left or right adjustments so you really need to focus on perfect follow through to shoot accurately. Also on 4 stable sticks the flat front is higher than the V, which might be an issue shooting with the V as the front
Both the rear and front are adjustable for height

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross