Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Was at Wal Mart today and saw both guns and ammunition in stock. For the price of a bottle of powder I was able to buy a lever action and 500 rounds!
me and the kids been pounding soup cans all afternoon. Nothing like a daisy red rider to bring happiness and peace to my soul during a time when a box of primers cost the same as a kidney and finding someone willing to part with either one is rare as hens teeth!
105F314F-F087-4969-AEF0-FB0C1D1F33DD.jpeg

As expected, the round solids would pass completely through a soda can, but the thicker hide of the soup cans was superior to our equipment and will require us to sneak in a heavier air rifle and some better ammo. Don’t tell my wife. . .

Yep, that's about all my local Wal Mart had in stock today, except for 4 boxes of 12ga steel shot. Continually sad!

HWL, unfortunately it is, and the prognosis is for it to get worse. An AH buddy of mine sent me a PM showing where H4350 sold for $100.00 per Lb. Plain old 9mm is going for $50.00 a box plus shipping if and when you can find it. Personally I've been looking for 156 Gr. Norma Oryx projectiles in 6.5 for two and a half years. Their Importer / Distributor can't give me any dates for availability.

HWL, unfortunately it is, and the prognosis is for it to get worse. An AH buddy of mine sent me a PM showing where H4350 sold for $100.00 per Lb.
We will see it, that cocaine is cheaper than gunpowder.....

What the hell is the name of your president?

:unsure:

HWL

Is there any good explanation as to why this happens? I mean that I guess it is known by "all" that every election year there will be an increased demand for ammo and reloading components. Or at least that is how I've perceived it from across the water.

So why aren't the manufacturers prepared for it? I can somewhat understand that firearms and to an extent gunpowder could be harder/more expensive to stockpile while waiting for the coming surge in demand. But bullets, primers and brass are relatively cheap to make, don't take up much space and have a long shelf-life.

Or are the margins in the business so slim that companies cannot afford to increase production before there is an actual shortage/demand?

Perhaps the manufacturers are secretly happy that this happens from time to time so that they can get rid of old (impopular) stock at inflated prices?

It isn't the manufactures, they are putting out supplies as fast as they can. But all that needs to happen is for a liberal to get voted into office with their gun grabbing addenda and supplies will start flying off of the shelves.

But this all started a year ago when the lock downs and riots started. Then there are the hoarders who will buy anything in sight just so that they have it and no one else does. They will then try to sell the supplies to folks at a highly inflated price.

There are several good videos from manufacturers concerning the shortages.
one thing I learned from the covid 19 outbreak is that humans are stupid and humans are selfish. Remember all that bs with toilet paper and bottled water?! That and Biden-the elected American president has often spoken negative remarks about gun ownership and control.
Worldwide we all share a responsibility to prepare ourselves and share with our surplus with our brothers wherever they may be. I’m not a wealthy man (so I shop at wal mart) but I do love guns and shooting and strive to pass that on to my wife and my kids-
Sadly there isn’t much africa hunting going on currently so you are going to get random threads such as this one based on local and current affairs. Read them or don’t. But there is nothing wrong with following issues that affect our world no matter how big or small, they all affect us somehow.- Cheers!

Last edited:
HWL, unfortunately it is, and the prognosis is for it to get worse. An AH buddy of mine sent me a PM showing where H4350 sold for $100.00 per Lb. Plain old 9mm is going for $50.00 a box plus shipping if and when you can find it. Personally I've been looking for 156 Gr. Norma Oryx projectiles in 6.5 for two and a half years. Their Importer / Distributor can't give me any dates for availability.
@Shootist43
Art sorry to piss you off a mate in OZ just bought a 1 kilo container of ADI 2209/ H4350 for $ 120 Australian or about t 90 bucks US.
He is going to try 129grain SSTs in his Swede.
Bob

@Shootist43
Try some Woodleigh 160 grainers in 6.5 Art, they are a bonded bullet as well
Screenshot_20210226-064433_Chrome.jpg

Bob

As expected, the round solids would pass completely through a soda can, but the thicker hide of the soup cans was superior to our equipment and will require us to sneak in a heavier air rifle and some better ammo. Don’t tell my wife. . .
Hard to beat a round nose boattail for soda cans. Complete pass throughs are assured!

Oh my god.... this is an Africa hunting forum.... what are you talking about?

Is it really that bad in the USA.....?

:unsure:

HWL
Yes, yes it is!

4270A7F1-877D-43C7-93AE-D8ACD46E4BF5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to get a Crosman 760. You can shoot BBs or .177 pellets out of it. The Raptor high speed pellets work great.

We had snow like that last week but mostly gone now and nice weather to be outdoors. I grew up with a 760- wicked air rifle! When I could afford pellets I felt like I was a real hunter. Then a Benjamin, then a .22-man that was the big time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois