Gun Room/Reloading Room Project Complete (almost)

Good job, great gun room! Congrats!(y)

Very nicely done! I like the color choices too.

And now I must ask: which rifle do you most frequently pull from the shelf for use?

Do you have a favorite rifle amongst them?

I don't have a favorite. My Christensen 300 WM probably has the most animals to its credit, but I'm pretty good about spreading around the love to a number of the rifles. Especially the ones on the left - the vertical ones.

Wow! If I bring the bourbon can I hang out on those leather chairs for a day or so!

Looks well organized as well as aesthetic, what more could one ask for? I like it.

Looks great but I’m confused about the ammo being in the safe but the guns loose in the open.

I don't have a favorite. My Christensen 300 WM probably has the most animals to its credit, but I'm pretty good about spreading around the love to a number of the rifles. Especially the ones on the left - the vertical ones.

Obviously I meant the *horizontal* rifles on the left, not the vertical ones! Doh!

@davetexas It's a fair question - the guns aren't "loose in the open", they are in a locked, reinforced room. The rationale for the ammo in the safe is just in case we have other folks' kids over (firearms are basically clubs without ammo) or in the very remote case that someone breaks in *and* gains access to the gun room that we're unlikely to get killed by my firearms. Unless of course they bring ammo with them...

I also have a separate insurance policy for my firearms - more for when they are out of the gun room, but it applies regardless of where the firearms happen to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, after using the reloading area for a few weeks I decided that I had enough room to add another Inline Fabrication rail in the center area and use that for my seating dies. I'll use the turret press for all the de-capping and re-sizing but I'm going to use the single press for seating I think.

new rail #2.jpg

Beautiful, smooth planned flow and practical! Sure shows passion for excellence is a habit... Would like to see a list of all your firearms there?

Thanks for all the nice comments. The new area has been getting its workout already. Prepped brass for 257 Roberts, 6.5x55, 30-06, and 338 Federal. Loaded up 20 rounds of 257 Roberts with 115 grain Partitions and various weights of IMR 4350 to start load development. Good times.

Are there any Big Bore calibers standing in the rack?

WOW oh so nice! I would never get anything done for fear of messing it up! I’m a great deal more chaotic in my strategy!:cry:

Well done sir!

Are there any Big Bore calibers standing in the rack?

No true "big bores", only a custom CZ 375 H&H (top left, horizontal) and the barreled action for my new Kimber Caprivi 416 RM that is second from top on the left (just below CZ 375). The stock for the Caprivi is off getting an Edwards Recoil Reducer installed. Everything else is a smaller caliber. Lots of 6.5s - one Creedmoor and three different 6.5x55s! Several Kimbers, a couple Christensens, several CZs, a couple Nosler M48s, three TC Encore frames and 6 different Encore barrels, lots of one-offs.

@HWL the fridge is just outside the reinforced door. The humidor(s) is on the right side of the TV, and my smoking pipe collection is on the wall between the impala shoulder mount and the pronghorn shoulder mount to the right of the TV. :)

Juaaaaa .... Beautiful place, enjoy it Sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg