Gun control

The best way to teach a small child about USA taxes is to ask them to do some difficult chore, with the agreement that they will receive an ice cream cone when they finish the task and if they do a very good job of it.
After they finish their work, show them an ice cream cone, then eat 30 to 40% of it, just before you hand it over.
Better yet, have them watch some plump little brat who is known to lay about all day, playing computer games, eat 30 to 40% of it before handing what's left over to the one who worked for it.

How many times does the Supreme Court have to affirm that the right to own a gun is our right not a privilege. Tigris 115 you need to think about this a little more. So should freedom of assembly be taken away from people we think are not responsible? Should houses of worship need to get a permit before having services? You can not pick and choose which constitutional rights should continue.

Now think about this. When most people carried guns, 1880 to 1910, we didn't have nut jobs go into schools or public gatherings and shoot the place up. You know why? Because 75 to 80 % of males carried a gun and would turn on the nut jobs and gun them down if they tried to shoot others. These sick SOBs are not normal and my right should not be taken to exclude them from getting a gun.

Think about this......until about 1965 nut jobs in this country were locked away and kept from hurting themselves and others. But now we turn them out In The streets and mainstream them in our schools to help them live full filling lives. What a crock of crap! We put up with so much liberal crying about guns they are about to wear people down just like they have on every other social issue over the last 100 years.

But guess what Tigris115. You and your friends need to try for a constitutional amendment to repeal the 2nd one. But you will never get it because you have to have it ratified by two thirds of the states. That means you need 38 states to go along with stupidity. Thank God for Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi , South Carolina, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee , Utah, Arizona, Montana, Alaska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas and Arkansas. These states population would never approve and thus will save the rest if the country from making the biggest mistake of our history. Government you see derives it's authority from the people in the USA and as long as we have our right to bear arms it will stay that way.

Ask those vets from the greatest generation what they fought for? Freedom! Freedom from a government that would terrorize its own people. It can happen when the people are not armed.

In South Africa if you own three guns the government requires you to gave a permit for each one that looks like our drivers permit. You can't even buy ammo for a gun that you can't produce a permit for. That means when the government decides to change the rules they can come get your gun. No way we should ever let that happen here. Period!

Your fourth paragraph may confuse some, or even many. Most hunters and shooters that I have come in contact with in recent years, have no idea what is necessary to pass a constitutional amendment. Many of them think that President Obama can just declare it to be so and it's done. That same group, for the most part only know about the second amendment. They have no knowledge of the of what the other 32 amendments address. With virtually everyone having access to the internet these days, everyone concerned about Obama amending the second amending should read article 5 of the constitution. It is very specific and to the point of what is required. I would propose that any of you reading this post, educate yourself on the amendment process if needed. Verbal arguments should not be fought from a base of ignorance. It makes us all look bad.

Well Sierraone congrats you understood! Yes many would not get it because we don't teach Civics anymore In This country and as you say many think the President can just issue an order. I give a lot of due credit to AH readers.....they understand. Granted some readers one here if not most are from other countries who do not know that I. The USA we have a right to own firearms that can not be taken away.

the issue I have with guns is more about the responsibility you have once you choose to own one. The mass murders sensationalize the issue and really cloud the discussion. I wonder whether it is possible for organizations such as the NRA to take a more public role in ensuring responsible gun ownership. Have gun owners police gun owners? If we take ownership of the issue of gun safety we prevent the politicians from filling the space. Maybe that is already being done but it is limited by the fact that membership in such groups is voluntary? I get more concerned when I hear of accidental injury than murder. You can't do much more than we do to try and stop murder. But, as a group, maybe we can take idiocy out of the equation.

Actually some pretty good merit to that Pherose.

My wife has always insisted our kids take the gun safety courses whether they want to hunt or not. It is mandatory if you want to hunt in MN and were born after a certain year... Ann and I both took it as kids. She has always been a proponent of making it mandatory in schools. That could be one way to address it to children and get them through the program whether they will ever own a gun or not.... I think giving kids a chance to handle guns in a safe controlled environment would be very positive. Kids are naturally curious and if they come across a gun are likely going to want to handle it. If they are educated about it, I'm sure lives would be saved... And I think that is how it would need to be sold to parents who are completely against anything to do with guns... You cannot be with your kid 100% of the time and by educated in this, even if you don't like it... It could save their life. Especially getting this into the inner city schools.

Additionally maybe some organization like the NRA could work with gun manufactures and instigate a program that offers a gun safety course for every new gun purchase. The ATV industry has this. You buy a new ATV and you get a call offering to set you up for a rider safety course. It is voluntary but they could decide they will not sell you one of their products (or more practical, not allow delivery of it) unless you can present a card showing you completed the course. One of my brothers is big time into the local 4 wheeler club. They do the ATV safety course and it is all volunteer and they enjoy doing it. The ATV industry does it because they are tired of getting sued by people hurting themselves because they don't know what they are doing. They see it as an investment. Our Son's have gun safety certificates as well as the ATV, snowmobile and water craft safety certificates. And they had fun taking the courses.

I certainly like the self regulated idea better than something run by the government. All the firearm manufactures could get together and agree they will not sell a new firearm unless the buyer produces a card showing he/she completed a safety course including a range session. Just like we need to do in MN to buy a hunting license.

This would not cover gun shows, private sales or even used guns from dealers, but the classes can be very low cost. Gun retailers like Gander Mountain and Cabela's have meeting areas available that I'm sure are available to be used for free as do gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. And I know a lot of guys who would volunteer to be certified and donate their time to this... They already do for the youth courses in our area. So really little cost to it, so reputable retailers could also require it to sell used guns as well.

186472538_1143363196177172_3165462530374351221_n.jpg

192288846_513209380032736_7545725047076711697_n.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

192734743_1354499364912885_6347123330568908668_n.jpg
192885870_1354498651579623_507788479163001020_n.jpg

Last edited:
191225137_1354095724953249_1078258257068338471_n.jpg

192148155_1353364691693019_4286929219737909134_n.jpg

190199938_1353168215046000_4605946898687286889_n.jpg

191036102_2904576226482964_1433359963202674670_n.jpg

191298706_1353167951712693_3399195555459884502_n.jpg

191001679_1353168735045948_5472435248765779545_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg