Gun Bag Question

migrabill

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
MBS, SCI, NRA
Hunted
US. Maryland. Kentucky. West Virginia. Ohio. Illinois. Pennsylvania. Delaware.
In previewing Bulls Eye Taxidermy price list I see

"Gun bag manufacture Standard design (excludes skin) $ 245.00"

What exactly is that. Is that a rifle case made out of the leather of an animal you took? If so has anybody here done it? Have pics? Is it worth it? What does the "excludes skin" mean?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I’ve never had it done, nor have I done any research on it yet, but I intend to have a rifle case made out of hide from my eventual safari.

Excludes skin means you provide the hide, the price doesn’t include the skin/hide.

In previewing Bulls Eye Taxidermy price list I see

"Gun bag manufacture Standard design (excludes skin) $ 245.00"

What exactly is that. Is that a rifle case made out of the leather of an animal you took? If so has anybody here done it? Have pics? Is it worth it? What does the "excludes skin" mean?

Thanks in advance for your input.
i am having my Gemsbok I took this past August turned into one. You provide the skin and total price not shipped or delivered to you is $245 which is a good price

Has anyone got photos of any rifle bags they have had done?

Mine is their standard Buff scoped rifle case…

IMG_0813.jpeg

IMG_0814.jpeg

IMG_0823.jpeg

Looks great - thanks.

What is the inside liner made of?

Can be a soft material, which i prefer, or sometimes its a soft leather

Game skins can make a very nice rifle case and it will be more special if it is made from one of your skins.

Of course the quality of your case depends on the maker. One of the most important parts on the zipper most of the zippers that I have seen on African made zippers are sub standard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martlee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?