Guide To Gorgeous Victoria Falls

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

Victoria Falls

Jenna, Gwen, & Steve explore Victoria Falls, African wildlife, and lots of culture in this small Zimbabwe town!

The number one thing to do in Victoria Falls, ZI is, unsurprisingly, Victoria Falls! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Expect to pay $30 entry fee, but they have a lovely path that you can walk along to see different views of the falls. You can pay for a guide, but all of the guides we saw seemed unnecessary, there isn’t too much to say about the falls…you go for the beauty of it! Others we spoke with afterwards confirmed what we suspected- not worth it to pay for a guide.

Screenshot_7.jpg

We were told to bring a raincoat when we went there. After our trip thru the park we decided that a raincoat was not necessary, you were going to get soaked whether you wore it or not. We've seen many water falls in the US (but not Niagara) and Victoria is definitely different, it is worth the trip if you are anywhere near it. We flew from Windhoek to Victoria just to see it before heading home. It's worth the trip.

Good Info, Thanks, Brian

We were told to bring a raincoat when we went there. After our trip thru the park we decided that a raincoat was not necessary, you were going to get soaked whether you wore it or not. We've seen many water falls in the US (but not Niagara) and Victoria is definitely different, it is worth the trip if you are anywhere near it. We flew from Windhoek to Victoria just to see it before heading home. It's worth the trip.
To avoid getting soaked there you would need a set of alaska fishing rain gear and rubber boots. The soaking is worth the experience! Bring water shoes.

we also walked down to the river bottom, it was amazing to see the muscle of that river up close.

Now is a great time to visit the falls. Covid has drastically impacted tourism, so you'll basically have the place to yourself. There was only 1 other couple visiting the Vic Falls National Park when we went through. When we went for sunrise cruises on the Zambezi, our boat was the only boat on the river.

If you're going to visit the falls, I highly recommend staying at the Old Drift Lodge. They take the idea of "glamping" to a new level!

20210712_114834.jpg

20210712_114927.jpg

20210712_114759.jpg

If you're going to visit the falls, I highly recommend staying at the Old Drift Lodge. They take the idea of "glamping" to a new level!
I am booked at Old Drift Lodge between 25 July - 29 July for next year before my hunt. Looking forward to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!