Guess RSA is not opening anytime soon...

I still have hope for Namibia this year. I have sept planned in the caprivi. NYC - Qatar - Windhoek -Katima. The biggest question right now will be if there is any quarantine in Namibia. I can self quarantine back home but only time will tell.

Just out of interest if a country opened up ( other than SA)with no quarantine at either end , and flights were available would people jump at chance of short notice hunts?

I have already paid for my Zim hunt in full minus the trophy fees, so it would have to be a hella DG hunt for me to do it. Something like a shootable 90+ lbs elephant sighted in the area.

Just out of interest if a country opened up ( other than SA)with no quarantine at either end , and flights were available would people jump at chance of short notice hunts?
Absolutely! My july hunt is now rescheduled for late august, direct into Harare. Another hunter will be flying into the same camp with me. Looking forward to being away from work

Reactions: WAB
Absolutely! My july hunt is now rescheduled for late august, direct into Harare. Another hunter will be flying into the same camp with me. Looking forward to being away from work

KMan, are you going to Zim?? Are you flying Emerites?? I heard that in August they are flying USA to Dubai to Harare BUT so far Zim is not allowing tourists/hunters and with no opening date as of yet.

Did you buy a ticket?? And if you did are you just hoping that Zim opens by August?

I missed my hunt there in April so I am in the same boat...I want to get there ASAP

KMan, are you going to Zim?? Are you flying Emerites?? I heard that in August they are flying USA to Dubai to Harare BUT so far Zim is not allowing tourists/hunters and with no opening date as of yet.

Did you buy a ticket?? And if you did are you just hoping that Zim opens by August?

I missed my hunt there in April so I am in the same boat...I want to get there ASAP

I was told the same thing. If Zim opens in the next 7 weeks I will go via Emirates. Adds $6K or so to my hunt unfortunately, as I don't have vouchers or miles to use for Emirates. :(

I was told the same thing. If Zim opens in the next 7 weeks I will go via Emirates. Adds $6K or so to my hunt unfortunately, as I don't have vouchers or miles to use for Emirates. :(

Emiretes is $6,000??? Are you serious??!!

Crazy as it sounds, at this point, I will probably pay that if it gets me there. A hardship but I will do it

Funny, but you and I have consistently been obsessive about going no matter what.

Did you buy your ticket?

I say we do it brother, no matter what!

Crazy as it sounds, at this point, I will probably pay that if it gets me there. A hardship but I will do it

Funny, but you and I have consistently been obsessive about going no matter what.

Did you buy your ticket?

Business class, I didn't price economy. :whistle: I won't buy a ticket until/if Zim opens otherwise more hassle with refunds etc..

I have to go hunting, sitting home I keep buying guns.:ROFLMAO:

Business class, I didn't price economy. :whistle: I won't buy a ticket until/if Zim opens otherwise more hassle with refunds etc..

I have to go hunting, sitting home I keep buying guns.:ROFLMAO:

Let me know if you hear anything and I’ll do the same with you...I’ll be sitting right next to you...got to go for it in life

Yes ticket is bought. Well actually just rescheduled. They are not flying every day yet but I just moved a day over to get the one I wanted. I am not going early August but late. They wanted to charge a higher rate for the new dates but we threw a bit of a fit and they just swapped ticket for ticket. I actually found out from my outfitter who had an opening and knew another hunter has booked the same flight. So I will even get to share a charter into camp from Harare.

Did you buy your ticket?

I checked on business class and it was about $3500 more than my existing ticket. I have exit row seats anyway so leg room is not such a big deal. Emirates is no longer giving a free hotel room in Dubai on the layover in so I booked into the airport hotel at my cost. A small difference.

So for us here it looks like we have a way to get to Zim but just need for it to open..without quarantine!

Got text messages from SAA at 2AM cancelling all of my J'Burg to Harare and J'Burg to Victoria Falls in July and August.

Interestingly they also said they are not answering calls and my tickets can be rescheduled until March, 2022.

I think I will try to get refunds through the CC company instead.

That would be the smarter option ! I doubt it you will ever get anything out of SAA !

Got text messages from SAA at 2AM cancelling all of my J'Burg to Harare and J'Burg to Victoria Falls in July and August.

Interestingly they also said they are not answering calls and my tickets can be rescheduled until March, 2022.

I got a final resolution for my April flights on Qatar, SAA and SAFAIR. Qatar just refunded and CC company took care of the other two.

Are you going to find an alternate route to Harare, bypassing RSA?

I have pretty much resigned to the fact SA will not open anytime soon and the prospect of hunting in SA in 2020 will not happen. Onto 2021.

dt
A few months ago, the head of PHASA pretty much stated that there wouldn't be a 2020 hunting season. The video was posted on this site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vilianagmp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg