Greetings from central Georgia!

Welcome to AH!
 
Hello! Like so many others, I have been lurking here for years, reading, learning, dreaming. Like most here I love firearms and dream of hunting in Africa one day with a fine rifle companion.

I don’t know if I will ever make it, but I have my rifles ready. The top is a Winchester model 70 in 7mm rem mag that I restocked a couple of years ago, and the bottom is a Ruger Hawkeye African that I just picked up in 280 Ackley improved. I have hunted with a 280 Remington for 30 some odd years and when I saw the Hawkeye African in 280 Ackley improved I had to have it.

I’m a sucker for a rifle with iron sights nice bluing and pretty wood. The Ruger stock is plain but functional.

I also dabble little in knife making and feel a knife should be like just like a rifle…..a good companion that looks good and functions well.

Thanks for a great site and your generous sharing of knowledge. I don’t have much to contribute but I look forward to listening and learning.
View attachment 441550View attachment 441551
Welcome to the posting side of AH sir. I grew in Augusta Georgia.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I’m in Dublin. Let’s have a central GA AH get together. I think there are a handful of us in the area. Shoot me a message if you are ever down my way and stop by the office to check out my mounts.
 
Beautiful wood stocks!
 
Well then you’ll be The only one that knows it probably, I’m in Milledgeville. You?
I have a farm in pine mountain where we have a shooting range if 200 yards no barriers. Give me a call on interested. No cost
 
Welcome to the best hunting forum…ever
 
Welcome. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy and have fun.
 
Welcome to the dark side, hang around long enough and the enablers on here will have you on safari in no time.
 
Welcome to the dark side, hang around long enough and the enablers on here will have you on safari in no time.
If the world were to return to a little normalcy, I would certainly consider that. Until then, North America is it for the time being.
 
Welcome to AH !

Good looking knife :A Way To Go:
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH! Have fun planning! Let us know if you have any questions
 
Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH, awesome place been lurking for awhile. I myself am near Rome. Privileged to have access to some private ranges of up to 1400yards.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,515
Members
169,366
Latest member
thambprowdehos1973
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top