Greetings from California (Yes, I moved) - Time to get serious chasing my elephant dream

Spot on @mikecatt13 , especially if you don't reload. I used 470NE on my elephant. Also had 375HH with me. Even those calibers requiring some looking and some luck to find factory ammunition.

@elephantmaster29 best of luck with your planning and training. Step 1 to making your dream a reality is committing to take action! Well done.

Here's the report of my first elephant hunt, back in 2021:
Zim elephant hunt w/ Dalton&York Safaris

And here's the report on buying my first double:
Chapuis Brousse 470NE
Unfortunately, even if you do reload these days. I had to buy 60 rounds of swift .300WM to pull bullets because I cant find any bullets. Just stocked up on a few more components. But they're tough to find these days...and I have access to dealer only stuff from competition sponsorships and it's still hard on certain things! Crazy times

Spot on @mikecatt13 , especially if you don't reload. I used 470NE on my elephant. Also had 375HH with me. Even those calibers requiring some looking and some luck to find factory ammunition.

@elephantmaster29 best of luck with your planning and training. Step 1 to making your dream a reality is committing to take action! Well done.

Zim elephant hunt w/ Dalton&York Safaris

Chapuis Brousse 470NE
Thanks so much, Rinehart. It was great chatting with you about your hunt. It gave me excellent insight into what I would be looking for and asking. It gave me an extra kick

One of the very best videos I have seen was Rineheart and his lovely wife do the hunt he references on This Is Africa. Fantastic!!!

Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board.

Welcome to AH! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Update, an outfitter reached out to me about hunting in bots for 55 k, a discount from 72k. Sadly couldn't do it as i had a recent bike accident. looking like 2024 or 2025. Can't wait to meet some of you on the range

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross