Great Aoudad

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
4
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
8,020
Reaction score
15,644
Location
Texas
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Deals & offers
123
Media
1,826
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
8
Europe
1
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Client took a fantastic Aoudad Ram today. Measured 31”, great mass, and beautiful chaps. We have one happy client.

6A0D6112-9015-482D-B6C6-F6F8588DE760.jpeg
9E577A05-1509-4432-830F-DDB681A47F66.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the hunter on a nice ram!
 
Nice job! Well done!
 
Thanks y’all he’s so happy he’s beside himself.
 
Congrats
 
Beautiful beast Erik!
 
Very nice.

Blue sky and no snow looks pretty good also
 
So jealous!!! [emoji24]

Congratulations to Hunter & guide! Amazing stuff! What dreams are made of [emoji817]
 
Awesome! I’m trying to find a space I could put one of those handsome guys with the chaps! I’ll see once I get the grandbabe’s rams up.
They are one that has to take a lot of space! Too fine a trophy to just euro mount!
 
Very nice.

Blue sky and no snow looks pretty good also
oh we had snow until day before yesterday it finally melted off.
1B2FDDBF-0EE7-4625-84F1-F346F22849E2.jpeg
The weather here this time of year is bipolar. It’s snowing and 20 one day and 75 and sunny the next.
 
Yes he did ... congratulations to all involved. If you are willing to put in the work, the Rockin G will give you a shot at a great ram.
 
Thanks y’all he’s so happy he’s beside himself.
What did that ram weigh? Aoudads are on my bucket list. Would a hunter be better served with a 30-06 with 180 grain bullets or a 9.3x62 with 250 grain accusing?
 
What did that ram weigh? Aoudads are on my bucket list. Would a hunter be better served with a 30-06 with 180 grain bullets or a 9.3x62 with 250 grain accusing?
A big mature ram will weigh close to 300lbs. They are tough but very mortal. Either caliber will work just fine. I love an 06 and it’s my go too for just about everything. 180 grain TTSX or TSX is, imho, the perfect Aoudad medicine. We killed a huge ram this weekend with a 6.5 PRC. Perfect shot placement and that ram took about 4 steps and was dead as chivalry. Aoudad are like the majority of African animals in that their heart sits a bit low and forward as do the lungs. You want to shoot him in the point where the center line of the front leg and the lower 1/3 horizontal line on the body meet, assuming a perfect broad side shot. With that he be dead right then.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,324
Members
169,338
Latest member
ggo88vipto
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top