Going to Spain

Standard Velocity

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
My better half just informed me that we will be going to Barcelona the beginning of March.

She drags me all over the place to eat and hike. We never hunt on these vacations as they are usually not during hunting season (fall and winter is my time to hunt at home).

I would like to start pursuing short hunting trips while traveling. A quick look at Spanish guide services looks prohibitively expensive for a supplemental excursion. It also appears that large game is pricey.

Do any members have advice on Spain (Barcelona and the Pyrenees specifically)?

Ideally I would be able to have a day or two of guided hunting (probably wild boar if price lists are an indication of typical costs). The guide would need to provide a rifle to avoid the headaches of dragging a gun around on vacation. Lodging could be optional depending on distance from nearest town. We really just want the opportunity to see animals.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Lots of reports from Spain:
https://www.africahunting.com/community/hunting-reports-europe.306/

Hope to hunt Ibex there one day.

FYI...........even using the guide's rifle will still require you to get a permit, which from what I gather requires a trip to a Spanish consulate.

Thank you for the input. I’ve read the reports from Spain and they sound exciting but Ibex is not on the menu this go-round.

That’s useful information about needing a permit to borrow a gun. Is it a matter of walking into the consulate and paying a fee or is it more involved?

Std. Velocity, send Redleg a PM. He's been there and hunted.

Hope to do that someday soon also. Will be watching replies . Watch the VAT taxes they run about 20% and not included most of time Also look at Sci auctions going on now. Lots of luck on your hunt and safe travels.

From what I've heard. Every region/province had its own regulations and permits. Best to book with a respectable outfitter. If your only hunt for two days I would think chamois is out of the question. I would opt for a roe deer hunt or what you were thinking a wild boar hunt. Renting a rifle would not be a problem I think.

Contact my friend Jose Maria Aranda

arandalaudo@gmail.com

He regularly takes hunters from the US and Canada all over Spain. I suppose he will shortly be back from DSC.

Cant comment on hunting in Spain.. but I have spent a bit of time in Barcelona..

Definitely spend the time to do the typical "tourist" stuff there.. Im not normally a fan of that sort of thing.. I typically prefer going off the beaten path.. but the "top 10" tourist things in Barcelona are all pretty cool..

I especially enjoyed Montserrat Monastery and some of the Gaudi architecture around the city..

There are some great restaurants in the city as well..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg