Germany promotes ‘cooking without electricity as blackout loom

The yellow variety of locusts has no thorns and splits like glass.
I don’t know what the real name is, but when you cut it the wood is pretty yellow.

The yellow variety of locusts has no thorns and splits like glass.
I don’t know what the real name is, but when you cut it the wood is pretty yellow.
Honey locust, ornamental. Black locust grows wild.

Like Einstein posited, human stupidity is likely infinite. Good luck with a battery operated chainsaw cutting osage, locust or ironwood.

Edit: Time for some entrepeneurs to set up a "SORE" sales showroom right over California's state lines.

Compliments of the Chinese, another ash felled by the emerald ash borer. 30 million trees gone in Michigan alone with another 700 million at risk. Driving the Pennsy turnpike, one doesn't want to look at the sides of the highway, nothing but dead ash trees. From this chair, that country is in the process of destroying the planet and the human race. The flip side is unlimited fire wood. I'll cut this one up and burn it over the winter.

dead_ash.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Einstein posited, human stupidity is likely infinite. Good luck with a battery operated chainsaw cutting osage, locust or ironwood.

Edit: Time for some entrepeneurs to set up a "SORE" sales showroom right over California's state lines.
Incredible! What fuel would now be used to power a portable generator, which charges batteries and powers everything electric tool wise? The problem is that the left wing elitists DON'T CARE. They have their agenda and to h*** with everything and everybody else.

Compliments of the Chinese, another ash felled by the emerald ash borer. 30 million trees gone in Michigan alone with another 700 million at risk. Driving the Pennsy turnpike, one doesn't want to look at the sides of the highway, nothing but dead ash trees. From this chair, that country is in the process of destroying the planet and the human race. The flip side is unlimited fire wood. I'll cut this one up and burn it over the winter.
The sad and disastrous story of the American Chestnut tree. The “cradle to grave” and “Redwood of the East” tree, decimated by a Chinese Chestnut blight. Our chestnut provided wood, fuel and food for people and wild animals for thousands of years. Now “gone in sixty seconds”, when it only took a generation to virtually disappear from our forests.

3DA78E64-8C8B-4652-AAA7-715C71843535.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
All those PETA tree hugging Liberals are going to crap their britches when the trees start dropping and the critters start dieing! Heat and food!

The sad and disastrous story of the American Chestnut tree. The “cradle to grave” and “Redwood of the East” tree, decimated by a Chinese Chestnut blight. Our chestnut provided wood, fuel and food for people and wild animals for thousands of years. Now “gone in sixty seconds”, when it only took a generation to virtually disappear from our forests.

View attachment 430807
Interesting. It seems white people brought their diseases that killed Indians.

View attachment 430807
saw a YT video of a botanist up on Canada somewhere actually cultivating American Chestnut. don't recall how big the operation is, but any step forward is an improvement.

We won't see proliferation of American chestnut in our lifetimes, but maybe our grandkids.

saw a YT video of a botanist up on Canada somewhere actually cultivating American Chestnut. don't recall how big the operation is, but any step forward is an improvement.

We won't see proliferation of American chestnut in our lifetimes, but maybe our grandkids.
I was reading an article last week that they are now planting GMO chestnuts that are resistant to blight.

I was reading an article last week that they are now planting GMO chestnuts that are resistant to blight.
and in spite of the WAY overhyped idea of Franken foods, GMO has been a Godsend in many ways. Ever heard of golden rice?

Getting OT here but in PA one can buy disease resistant hybrid chestnut trees grown locally. I have seen native chestnut trees in the mountains of PA that grew from an old root system. I made an inquiry with Penn State University and was told these old roots would sometimes grow a tree to maturity but eventually die from the blight.

way back when I was in high school, I studied forestry in 4-H, was Louisiana state champ around '82 or '83. My prize for that was a trip to the national 4-H forestry contest in Blacksburg, WV. they had an old wormy chestnut building, still in very good repair, where they did meetings and so forth. As I recall, it was insured for something like $2million back at that time.

and in spite of the WAY overhyped idea of Franken foods, GMO has been a Godsend in many ways. Ever heard of golden rice?
I am all for GMO, except when it become proprietary.

Yes. GMO produced grain has allowed us to help feed the world. Although now, with our help instructing in the growing of foods for decades, many countries can produce much of their own food to feed their populations. We MAY be able to back off some of the GMO grown food here now?

Yes. GMO produced grain has allowed us to help feed the world. Although now, with our help instructing in the growing of foods for decades, many countries can produce much of their own food to feed their populations. We MAY be able to back off some of the GMO grown food here now?
well, they can, but the pathogens (among other things) which harm food production haven't gone anywhere. for one example, we've developed a sweet potato blight-resistant potato. There are (last I looked) no non-GMO sweet potatoes that can survive that blight. It has been a big assist in central Africa.

Blight-affected sweet potatoes are small, when the vines actually survive long enough to support the tuber growth.

View attachment 430807
Some of the recovery efforts are interesting. The backcrossing if Chinese/American chestnut hybrids seems promising.

the article was saying there are trees now with 98% American and 2% Chinese dna with the blight resistance of the Chinese trees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,