AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
With blackouts looming, German government holds disaster preparation day, promotes ‘cooking without electricity’
High demand and the transition to green power has left much of Europe at risk of blackouts. In Germany, state authorities are teaching the public to heat their homes with candles and get used to “cooking without electricity.”
State authorities in North-Rhine Westphalia will hold their first ‘Disaster Protection Day’ on Saturday, with instructors in the city of Bonn teaching citizens how to get by “in the event of a long power failure.” An advert by the federal Civil Protection Office gives a hint of what’s in store, and features an elderly woman wearing several layers of clothing, heating her apartment with candles burning under an upturned flower pot and sealing her windows with reflective foil.

State authorities in North-Rhine Westphalia will hold their first ‘Disaster Protection Day’ on Saturday, with instructors in the city of Bonn teaching citizens how to get by “in the event of a long power failure.”
well, it's okay, we'll watch TV by candlelight

The Germans went through this already a century ago. They had alternative means of lighting fires for cooking:
1633120352532.png

Somehow I knew from the title this was going to be a “green energy is terrible” thread.

The climate change movement, a perfect example of mass hysteria and the largest one so far.

I am currently heating the stove at the dacha with firewood (an oak tree fell on my plot, very successfully). Can this be called "green energy"?

I am currently heating the stove at the dacha with firewood (an oak tree fell on my plot, very successfully). Can this be called "green energy"?
Sure, if the tree was alive when it fell.

This come off of one of those satire websites?o_O

Sure, if the tree was alive when it fell.
my buddies, advanced tourists, went on a winter hike in the wilderness. They knew that they needed to cut dead wood for firewood. They found a suitable tree, sawed it half the night. It turned out that this is not dead wood, but quite a living larch, which sheds needles for the winter.

It should be unlawful to build homes without alternative heating up here in the northern hemisphere..
Me, I have an old log home and are stacked up and ready for winter with plenty of firewood..even so at my cabin (dacha ) up in the mountains..life is good.. ;)

I generally have 16-18 cubic meters of hardwood in store for the winter. We have big cast iron fireplace with cooking ability on top and 4 burner gas hob with at least 2 full gas bottles in reserve apart from the one in use and one usually lasts us a good 3 months or so. Have got 2 x18 lb and 4 x 9lb gass bottles in the shed for the forge so not about to be out of fuel for cooking and keep quite a few months of food in store. Electricity is really only necessary for the fridge and freezers and a small generator can take care of them. Always pays to keep a store of fuel on hand for that and a few hundred litres of deisel for the truck.

Wont be much happy the rewilders now as they want undisturbed forrest with no human interference of any kind there since many will be gathering firewood and bring back free venison from them to the cabins outside the deserted ghostly concrete deserts formely known as cities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvieSchref

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,