Gamebore Buffalo Cartridges

Scrumbag

AH elite
Joined
Jul 13, 2016
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
1,697
Media
51
Member of
BASC, SCI
Hunted
Europe
Hi folks,

Anyone tried Gamebore's Buffalo buckshot and slug loads?

Scrummy
 
Hi Scrumbag . Yeah , l have seen them and used them once . It was in Sweden. My hunting friends there use shotguns to take roe deer with dogs. My childhood friend , who lives in Sweden owns a Valmet combination gun . The upper barrel is a half choke 12 gauge shotgun barrel. The lower barrel is a 5.6 × 52 R rifle barrel ( what we Americans call the .22 Savage Hi - Power ) . He takes roe deer with the shotgun barrel of the gun on an annual basis and he uses Gamebore cartridges . His shot size is #3 ( or could be BB , but I am pretty sure it's #3 . I'll ask him next time we chat ) . Game bore cartridges loaded with # 3 will completely pole axe a roe deer at close range ( if you're hunting with dogs ) .
For that matter , l was really impressed by the 2.75 inch Shell's power . I usually thought very condescendingly about the 2.75 Inch Shells , always preferring the 3.5 inch shell myself. That day l found out that 2.75s can do whatever a 3.5 can do . Ah well , you learn something new every day.
 
Thanks for that Hoss. Gamebore have a reputation for good shells so seems it translates
 
Game bore makes an excellent SG cartridge in 70 millimeter length. They could be had in Bangladesh now since 2013 or 14. A box of 25 cartridges would cost the equivalent of 13 English pounds. It would perform very well on Sambhar deer and foxes. Unfortunately, as of 2019 l have been told by all our arms dealers that game bore cartridges are no longer making this size of shot. I wonder if somebody here might know the answer. Fortunately , l have a stock of these cartridges remaining ( at least 125 ). After l expend them , l may have to get back to reloading cartridges or finding another brand .
 
Mr Rahman,

They are still listed on Gamebore's website (https://gamebore.com/uk/cartridge/game/12g-buffalo) so assumed they are still make them. I will try and find out if they are still manufactured.

(Be wary of what importers tell you. Manufacturers someimes get "blamed" when an importer / retailer wants to stock something)

Scrummy
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.53 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 448
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.56 AM.png
    582 KB · Views: 382
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.59 AM.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 416
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.24.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.24.01 AM.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 423
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.24.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.24.03 AM.png
    786.2 KB · Views: 457
Mr Rahman,

They are still listed on Gamebore's website (https://gamebore.com/uk/cartridge/game/12g-buffalo) so assumed they are still make them. I will try and find out if they are still manufactured.

(Be wary of what importers tell you. Manufacturers someimes get "blamed" when an importer / retailer wants to stock something)

Scrummy
I appreciate your helpful behavior. I am sorry for any inconvenience for the burden you have taken upon yourself to assist me
 
Mr Rahman,

They are still listed on Gamebore's website (https://gamebore.com/uk/cartridge/game/12g-buffalo) so assumed they are still make them. I will try and find out if they are still manufactured.

(Be wary of what importers tell you. Manufacturers someimes get "blamed" when an importer / retailer wants to stock something)

Scrummy

Mr Rahman, I spoke to Gamebore this morning and indeed, they are still making the SG load.

Sincerely,

Scrumbag
 
Mr Rahman, I spoke to Gamebore this morning and indeed, they are still making the SG load.

Sincerely,

Scrumbag
Scrumbag
I appreciate your assistance in this matter. I will have to file a complaint to BSF about our importers giving false information. Another importer told me that Bangladesh is still importing them ,as well
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,309
Messages
1,572,422
Members
169,565
Latest member
LoreneDand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top