AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
BASC, SCI
Hunted
Europe
Hi folks,

Anyone tried Gamebore's Buffalo buckshot and slug loads?

Scrummy

Hi Scrumbag . Yeah , l have seen them and used them once . It was in Sweden. My hunting friends there use shotguns to take roe deer with dogs. My childhood friend , who lives in Sweden owns a Valmet combination gun . The upper barrel is a half choke 12 gauge shotgun barrel. The lower barrel is a 5.6 × 52 R rifle barrel ( what we Americans call the .22 Savage Hi - Power ) . He takes roe deer with the shotgun barrel of the gun on an annual basis and he uses Gamebore cartridges . His shot size is #3 ( or could be BB , but I am pretty sure it's #3 . I'll ask him next time we chat ) . Game bore cartridges loaded with # 3 will completely pole axe a roe deer at close range ( if you're hunting with dogs ) .
For that matter , l was really impressed by the 2.75 inch Shell's power . I usually thought very condescendingly about the 2.75 Inch Shells , always preferring the 3.5 inch shell myself. That day l found out that 2.75s can do whatever a 3.5 can do . Ah well , you learn something new every day.

Thanks for that Hoss. Gamebore have a reputation for good shells so seems it translates

Game bore makes an excellent SG cartridge in 70 millimeter length. They could be had in Bangladesh now since 2013 or 14. A box of 25 cartridges would cost the equivalent of 13 English pounds. It would perform very well on Sambhar deer and foxes. Unfortunately, as of 2019 l have been told by all our arms dealers that game bore cartridges are no longer making this size of shot. I wonder if somebody here might know the answer. Fortunately , l have a stock of these cartridges remaining ( at least 125 ). After l expend them , l may have to get back to reloading cartridges or finding another brand .

Mr Rahman,

They are still listed on Gamebore's website (https://gamebore.com/uk/cartridge/game/12g-buffalo) so assumed they are still make them. I will try and find out if they are still manufactured.

(Be wary of what importers tell you. Manufacturers someimes get "blamed" when an importer / retailer wants to stock something)

Scrummy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.53 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 306
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.56 AM.png
    582 KB · Views: 278
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.59 AM.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 318
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.24.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.24.01 AM.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 314
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.24.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.24.03 AM.png
    786.2 KB · Views: 312
Mr Rahman,

They are still listed on Gamebore's website (https://gamebore.com/uk/cartridge/game/12g-buffalo) so assumed they are still make them. I will try and find out if they are still manufactured.

(Be wary of what importers tell you. Manufacturers someimes get "blamed" when an importer / retailer wants to stock something)

Scrummy
I appreciate your helpful behavior. I am sorry for any inconvenience for the burden you have taken upon yourself to assist me

Mr Rahman,

Scrummy

Mr Rahman, I spoke to Gamebore this morning and indeed, they are still making the SG load.

Sincerely,

Scrumbag

Mr Rahman, I spoke to Gamebore this morning and indeed, they are still making the SG load.

Sincerely,

Scrumbag
Scrumbag
I appreciate your assistance in this matter. I will have to file a complaint to BSF about our importers giving false information. Another importer told me that Bangladesh is still importing them ,as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross