Gaiters...

Rigby makes a good leather gaiter. Nothing wrong with the boyt canvas gaiters. I use leather gaiters made by a friend in Botswana.
whatever brand you choose I would stay away from leather ties and stick with zip up based on my many safaris
 
I use Boyt canvas gaiters. Not as hot as leather to me.

If you are in Africa, many of the taxidermy's carry leather ones they make themselves that tend to be cheaper than the name brand leather gaiters you buy in America.
 
I've used the Boyt canvas in the past but find the Courteney zip up leather ones more comfortable around my ankles.
 
I have same TAG gaiters, find something else.
 
Just shoot a few elephants, you'll have a lifetime supply of leather to make gaiters and everything elseView attachment 590538:sneaky:
Justin used to make elephant hide boots way back. I had a black pair and wore them out from the inside.
 
I have Rogue leather gaiters. Absolutely no complaints.
 
Hi, does anyone have Rigby Leather Gaiters (or similar) at home?
Could you please measure the dimensions? I want to try to make it at home, but I don't know where to start. Thank you.
 
Another thing to watch for with gaitors is chafing if it has a velcro or zip, i use the Courtney or Rogue slip on leather or suede. personal choice.
 
I tried to wade through all the footwear and sock and gaiter posts, but couldn't find much recommendations about brands of ankle gaiters. I know there's a million of them out there, but what do y'all use?

After trying several, I ended up buying the ones my PH wears in Namibia at one of the Agra farm stores. Apparently this is what the majority of locals wear. They are leather, are available with or without a zipper, come in various sizes to fit ankles properly, and are made in Namibia. Cost about $25US a pair. I find them to be very comfortable and durable.

I picked up several pairs to have spares but the ones I wear have made four trips with no issues. They’ll be making their next trip tomorrow!

You may want to ask your PH if that might be an option to pick up on the way to camp.

Image1709401636.270226.jpg
 
Burke Wills waxed canvas, elasticised, no zips, no ties. I have found these to be excellent - nothing sticks to them, they are dead quiet and dark brown so low visibility. My buddy has straight canvas ones locally made and they are surprisingly noisy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,971
Members
169,669
Latest member
sliimtide
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top