Fundraiser for wounded PH Bossie Mostert

Could you give us an updated total when you close it out? just curious!
Thank you and everyone else for your work and making us aware of this
situation!!! :Finger:

Just some help. Hope we are not too late,
JTT

@JTT Thank you!

OK Boys..... All in... All done. $11,500 USD for @bossiem

Funds are en route!

@Catahoula Funds received last night! Thank you!

Bossie called late last night, my time, before dawn his time. He is doing very good physically and is at home, able to walk around the house on his own. Using crutches yet outside.

DJ took a week off school but is back now and Bossie commented how he is working towards getting life back to normal for his family and everyone involved.

He is truly overwhelmed by the generosity of this community:) Not only the money but all the prayers and well wishes as well. And it was just really hitting home how fortunate he is to be alive. He talked about the prayers and well wishes coming in from all over the Country and the World. He also has had some of the ussual anti's hate messages but his comments about that were that it really does not bother him and he only feels love for all people as Christ would. I told him that will bewilder them as all they know is hate;)

He told me a lot more of what he remembers and he plans to go back to the location to try to figure out and remember more of what happened. He also told me how his clothes, gaiters and boots are all full of blood. It is a
Miracle that he did not bleed to death.

He is an amazingly strong man, physically, mentally and most certainly spiritually.

Wow gents, well done. Thank you so much Brad for handling this. You sir are awesome.
I’d like to thank everyone for their support and prayers. It’s amazing what a wonderful group of folks we have here.

A BIG THANK YOU to all of the members who have so generously donated to help out Bossie, he is extremely grateful and overwhelmed at the kindness shown to him from our community. Thanks also for all the updates, prayers and thoughts. Additionally thank you Brad for handling this fundraiser. This community is awesome, thank you everybody.

Gentlemen it is indeed an honor and a privilege to be in such good company! To have the resources of the vast knowledge
base this forum represents, and to have a place to share with like minded folks! Thank you for letting me play in your sandlot, lol.
I do not know Bossie but am glad that we were able to help him in some small way collectively. My prayers will continue to
be with him.

Gentlemen it is indeed an honor and a privilege to be in such good company! To have the resources of the vast knowledge
base this forum represents, and to have a place to share with like minded folks! Thank you for letting me play in your sandlot, lol.
I do not know Bossie but am glad that we were able to help him in some small way collectively. My prayers will continue to
be with him.

Well said! Plus 1 (y)

Truly amazing stuff!

He is an amazingly strong man, physically, mentally and most certainly spiritually.

That is no joke! What, 10 days out and the man is walking around the house already? Never met him, but certainly someone I admire.

Now all he's gotta do is fix the safety on that dad gum ole Ruger...

Makes you appreciate the design of the old M98 even more.

Same design as the current Hawkeye rifles. I messed with a couple of mine yesterday. Not something one would expect to happen. Unless a buffalo is on top of you while you are trying to reload!

In any case, nothing I can tell was broken but it is a flawed design on a true DG rifle. The safety switch being installed in the stock, or remaining stationary while the bolt travels is what allows this to happen. I tried to duplicate this with a Winchester but as the safety is carried on the bolt itself, it seems to be a more foolproof design. And on a modern CZ 550 action, you could accidentally put it on the "half safe" position but the bolt will still close. In fact if I pulled the bolt back and purposely pushed the safety all the way back, it moves itself back to the midway position as you continue cycling the bolt. So obviously if one had such a rifle in the exact same predicament as Bossie's, the bolt would close but the trigger would be locked this requiring that split second of mental and physical dexterity to flick it back off to fire the gun.

From my little experiment, the Winchester or Old M98 would be best if you are trying cycle a round while being trounced by an enraged buffalo.

I'm sure a couple of us will be discussing this further with Bossie. Hopefully around a campfire;) And I suspect he will be taking that safety off his gun as it is his habit to carry it bolt up, safety off anyway. As he explained, many in Africa have been taught from young on, that the only really safe bolt gun is one with the bolt open.

Is it too late to donate? I have been traveling and had to locate my Paypal password.

Reactions: BWH
I just read the last part of this post. @BWH, thank sir for taking the lead on the fund raiser, you are an outstanding individual with a huge heart. Thank you again for what you did.

Thank you for kind words! It was an honor to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg