Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Hi all,

A friend has just taken delivery of a new Chapuis in 470NE. It's a stunner and he will put it to good use over the next couple of years. I just have a question to ask current Chapuis owners, does your rifle still have the regulating wedge sticking out from between the muzzles?

Cheers,
Mark.

It`s normal, several manufacturers have this on their rifles

Hi all,

A friend has just taken delivery of a new Chapuis in 470NE. It's a stunner and he will put it to good use over the next couple of years. I just have a question to ask current Chapuis owners, does your rifle still have the regulating wedge sticking out from between the muzzles?

Cheers,
Mark.

I have a friend who has one as well and I’m pretty sure the wedge on his sticks out a little.

Thanks guys. I have a VC and it doesn't show.

Looking forward to see how it shoots.

Cheers,
Mark.

Some pics of the rifle.

cheers
Mark
A247E1F6-BC02-4252-A794-C639D023D295.jpeg
E854B31E-E75A-43E2-ADEE-66FB04EB3302.jpeg
5E59B139-FB5C-4CED-8B1E-E374E594C6CC.jpeg
4CAE1639-5CCD-46FE-80DF-A14A148039C3.jpeg

Gorgeous furniture on this rifle

Yes you will find the small amount of the wedge on all the Chapuis I have owned and handled.

Great looking wood on that rifle. I recently became a chapuis owner and love my rifle

Yes. My Chapuis 375 H&H has the regulating wedge sticking out a bit. It's a great shooting rifle and I've used it on two trips to Limpopo. Your friend will love his 470.

Looks great !

Very nice, hope he gets good use out of it.

Congratulations
And yes my merkel 470 has wedge showing

@Glenn Slaven did yours come with a nice case like the one pictured!

Very nice. Congratulations

Is this a Negrini case?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GennieHowe

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.