This is the type of hunting I really enjoy and am looking for, but the cost seems a bit high. Different country/species, but my wilderness Tahr (also considered pests) hunt(out of tents) last year in NZ was half the price. Additional animals if happened upon(Tahr/Chamois/Stag) were 1/4 of what is being quoted here.
This also doesn't seem to be your typical African hunt, where there are 4-5 in the party that need feeding, lodging, payment for services. PH and hunter only possible? What is a nominal fee?... to me it is a couple $100 to the land owner...break it down for me in a pm if you like. I hunt out of a tent/backpack here in the states quite a bit and for very little $$, it's all about the hunt for me, don't need all the extras.
Pick up/ drop at airport included? Which?

Thanks much
Good day, I'll be more than happy to break it down for you. We are just running around like headless chickens after the German hunting show. As soon as I have a spare moment I will send the breakdown. Kindest regards, Bayly Sippel Safaris

Outstanding hunt in the natural environment.
I've killed 2 in south Texas, Terlingua and devils river area but was never more than a mile from the truck.
The ball is definitely in their park haha! This is a hard hunt but they are there in good numbers so with hard work we should come right! Congrats on your 2 from Texas!

hello to all,
although i'm a member of many years, i very seldomny write comments.
But this hunt got my attention, as it is the closest to the real thing, i.e. to hunt one in its natural habitat. i was privilaged to be the last international hunter to harvest one in CHAD, just days before the humanitarian Darfur crisis ended all possibilities to do so. it was in 2004 and the situation has not altered till today. it was a fortnight's expedition that resulted in a 27 inch ram on the 9th day.
The hunt offered looks very sporting and far superior to Texas ranches and their multitude of species from around the globe, where you will get your audad among whitetails and nilgai. Also it is very well priced and for the record mine cost about six times more, but it was worth it!
2020_02_10_11_03_20.jpg

Attachments

• 2020_02_10_11_03_20.pdf
    232.8 KB · Views: 106
Good day everyone!

If you are looking for a hunt right off the bat in 2021 this is a fantastic one to do between the months of January to March! After those months conditions become very brutal in terms of cold weather for camp hunting. We are equipped in South Africa for cold, but not like you guys up north! If you would like to start a discussion about this hunt please feel free to email us or to start a conversation. We look forward to breaking a sweat with you!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly and Michael Sippel

hello to all,
although i'm a member of many years, i very seldomny write comments.
But this hunt got my attention, as it is the closest to the real thing, i.e. to hunt one in its natural habitat. i was privilaged to be the last international hunter to harvest one in CHAD, just days before the humanitarian Darfur crisis ended all possibilities to do so. it was in 2004 and the situation has not altered till today. it was a fortnight's expedition that resulted in a 27 inch ram on the 9th day.
The hunt offered looks very sporting and far superior to Texas ranches and their multitude of species from around the globe, where you will get your audad among whitetails and nilgai. Also it is very well priced and for the record mine cost about six times more, but it was worth it!
View attachment 329374
That's absolutely incredible! Thank you for sharing that with us as its not something you see every day or something that most people even know about. Hopefully one day things will regain normality and we will all be able to hunt there for them again!

IMG-20191025-WA0030.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0047.jpg

Man that sounds like a real fun hunt. Do you mind breaking down, what it's all included? i.e. pick up and drop off at the airport, preparation of trophies, dropping them off to the nearest taxidermist, etc, etc. My son is looking for a hunt like that, not sure where he wants to go. I forward this post to him. :)

Man that sounds like a real fun hunt. Do you mind breaking down, what it's all included? i.e. pick up and drop off at the airport, preparation of trophies, dropping them off to the nearest taxidermist, etc, etc. My son is looking for a hunt like that, not sure where he wants to go. I forward this post to him. :)
Its a great adventure for sure! I hope we get to meet your son on it next year! Please let him know he is more than welcome to ask us any questions he may have.

What is included:

• Licensed Professional Hunter, a Tracker, Skinner and hunting vehicle.
• Accommodation on a full board basis, incl. non-alcoholic drinks and table beer/wine (The tent version of this haha!)
• Transfer from and to Johannesburg international Airport.
• Transport between and on hunting Area A and Area B
• Laundry service (Except on Sundays). (This may be a more make shift given circumstances)
• Field preparation of Trophies and delivery to taxidermist.
• Licenses for trophies (Permit controlled animals excl)

What is excluded:

• Flight from and to Johannesburg International Airport, and any national flights from one concession to the next.
• Hard tack (whiskey, brandy etc)
• Firearms and ammunition. (Rifle Hire – €30 /Day)
• Hotel accommodation before and after the hunt – if required.
• Taxidermy, packing, insurance, transport.
• Dipping and shipping of trophies.
• Personal expenses ex. Tips, Telephone, Souvenirs etc.
• Tourist Programmes

Judging by the pictures you're camping where you park the truck. What's the chance of carrying "camp" on your back and staying put where ever you are when the sun goes down?

Judging by the pictures you're camping where you park the truck. What's the chance of carrying "camp" on your back and staying put where ever you are when the sun goes down?
That is correct we are camping out on this hunt which is a lot of fun! In South Africa we don't really do too much of that kind of hunting so we are not necessarily equipped for it. Normally we return back every day to home base. We shouldn't need to sleep out in the mountain to improve our chances of success.

Good day AH community!

If you are looking for a hunt right off the bat in early 2021 this is a fantastic one to do between the months of January to March! After those months conditions become very brutal in terms of cold weather for camp hunting. We are equipped in South Africa for cold, but not like you guys up north! If you would like to start a discussion about this hunt please feel free to email us or to start a conversation. We look forward to breaking a sweat in the mountains with you!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly and Michael Sippel

IMG-20191025-WA0055.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0056.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0057.jpg

IMG-20191025-WA0034.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.