Form

It’s the Jug for me, the p47. Big, ugly and mean. The m model went 504mph.
In Ken Burns WW2 documentary, a very unassuming P47 pilot from Minnesota Lt. Harold Comstock recounted in his interview how many fellow pilots that he had personally known had died fighting the German Luftwaffe. Anyway, he recounted on November 13, 1942 at 49,600ft. he dove to escape an enemy aircraft. When he pulled his plane up, his instruments were broken and his speedometer was frozen at something like 725mph! Little known, but the P47 held the record for the fastest prop aircraft for decades until broken sometime in the '60s I believe. Amazing! Google it.
 
In Ken Burns WW2 documentary, a very unassuming P47 pilot from Minnesota Lt. Harold Comstock recounted in his interview how many fellow pilots that he had personally known had died fighting the German Luftwaffe. Anyway, he recounted on November 13, 1942 at 49,600ft. he dove to escape an enemy aircraft. When he pulled his plane up, his instruments were broken and his speedometer was frozen at something like 725mph! Little known, but the P47 held the record for the fastest prop aircraft for decades until broken sometime in the '60s I believe. Amazing! Google it.
Some great planes in WWll.
 
View attachment 600862View attachment 600863
Something about the lines and design of the F-14 Tomcat, whether seen in the adjustable swept wing configuration or open, always spoke to me. Badass and must have struck fear into the hearts of a few Libyan pilots in the 1980s, among others.
I love the F14 but I think the 15 is a slightly more attractive aircraft. The Iranians probably only have few that are operational. Fortunately for us they all have the TF-30.
In Ken Burns WW2 documentary, a very unassuming P47 pilot from Minnesota Lt. Harold Comstock recounted in his interview how many fellow pilots that he had personally known had died fighting the German Luftwaffe. Anyway, he recounted on November 13, 1942 at 49,600ft. he dove to escape an enemy aircraft. When he pulled his plane up, his instruments were broken and his speedometer was frozen at something like 725mph! Little known, but the P47 held the record for the fastest prop aircraft for decades until broken sometime in the '60s I believe. Amazing! Google it.
Anything with the Pratt Whitney 2800 was a beast. The Hellcat, the Corsair, and the P47 all used it.
 
Something about the old hammer doubles really appeals to me!
 
Right, I'll bite...
MirageF1AZ.JPG
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,952
Members
169,660
Latest member
nikitawati
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top