For someone's trophy room

Ontario Hunter

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 16, 2023
Messages
7,917
Reaction score
10,740
Media
37
Articles
1
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
1
Hunted
SA
Just finished this. Our bishop is asking us to donate stuff for a silent auction at synod dinner in two weeks. $17 for junker rod & reel at 2nd hand store, twenty bucks for donor lamp on sale at Walmart, $11 for the pull chain fob fishing lure, $14 for Walmart lamp shade; $15 for "hunter green" spray paint. All tax deductible of course. :D
20250503_162117.jpg

Originally I tried a green donor spinning rod but it was larger with longer handle. Made the lamp too tall. I didn't want a spinning reel because they stick out too far. Casting rods typically have bent handles and don't work but casting reels are tighter to the rod. So I used a kid's straight handle spinning rod missing half its guides and an old seized up Johnson closed face reel. This should make a nice addition to someone's fishing cottage.
 
That is really cool. Have seen a bunch of them in the same lodge with old school Abu Garcia’s. Good work.
 
Cool idea and well executed.
 
Green base might have worked with green rod but not when I switched to brown rod. So I painted the base brown. All wired up and ready to auction.
20250504_174905.jpg
 
The lure on the pull chain kicks it off nicely.
 
I love it! great job!
 
@Ontario Hunter, that is some fine man-cave, trophy room decor. Beautiful!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,844
Members
169,433
Latest member
AlanSmeado
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top