Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Ok guys. Giving full disclosure on this rifle. Some may remember it from earlier posts.
Winchester Model 70 Super Grade 338 win mag. Originally bought from @TNDave and I started working up load for it and decided to sell. Sold to @godwincp and it arrived with stock cracked. So had returned to me.

Now stocked in Bell Carlson stock, recoil reducer added to buttstock, new Kick EEZ pad. Glad bedded. Talley bases. Timney trigger. Two small scratches as shown in photos on trigger guard and floorplate.
13 3/4 LOP, 26 in Barrel, 9.02 lbs as is.
Gun shoots good. Will provide load data using IMR 4350 we tried, and some loaded rounds so you can get overall length where we where working at.
IMG_6798.jpg

Gun groups better with 2-4 times fired brass than new brass we found out while working up load.
Included with sale.
RCBS dies, 55 new Winchester brass, 24 once fired brass, 3 loaded new brass and 3 loaded 4th time cases. 5 brass loaded multiple times doing load work. 155 225gr Barnes TTSX bullets. I have shot gun 45 rounds total since I have owned it.
I was keeping this rifle after restocking it for next years safari. But things change and life gets in the way. Have to have another surgery or two before end of year.

Asking $1850 shipped for all.
Ask any questions.

IMG_6799.jpg

IMG_6800.jpg

IMG_6801.jpg

IMG_6802.jpg

IMG_6804.jpg

IMG_6805.jpg

IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_6807.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

IMG_6808.jpg

IMG_6809.jpg

IMG_6810.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

IMG_6812.jpg

IMG_6814.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! 26" barrel?

Looks good Mark!

I have personally seen this rifle and it is very nice, trigger is great and it looks good and handles well.

Bump and price drop

$1700 shipped.
Or if in Texas and close enough for a face to face deal pm me and we can discuss.

Oh Mark. Another fine rifle of yours at a great price. In .338 WINCHESTER MAGNUM no less! You're killing me! To the potential buyers here, put your Creedmoors and Asshammers back into your safes and buy this fantastic .338WM rifle which you can actually hunt big game with. LOL

I've got so many 338wm at this point, they could fill their own safe. Everyone knows this by now, but Mark is top notch, any buyer should have zero concerns.

Thats a damn good deal on a very good rifle. If I didn’t already have a .338 custom built on a model 70 action, I’d but this in a hot second. Someone needs to take advantage of this.

Bump and last price drop before gunbroker. Which I hate to do.

$1500 for gun and reloading components.

Ok after looking at Gunbroker fees, and I would rather see this rifle go to someone here. I am dropping it to bare bottom and sweeting it a little

$1350 shipped.
Rifle and components.
Plus buyer has a choice of one of these Talley rings

I need to move this out as another surgery is planned and need some extra funds.
Leaving it here for another few days before listing elsewhere.

IMG_6893.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twila5206

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.