For Sale Heym Express Martini 404 Jeffery

Low ball prices are how you get to keep the cheese. That and not becoming emotionally attached and walking away. :cool:

In all seriousness, I do want a rifle such as this one at least once in my life. The plan for me is to buy one at retirement if I'm able to and then to enjoy it for the rest of my days. Whether it will be a bolt or double remains to be seen!
Why wait until you retire? You could be using it on your current safaris. I wonder if Heym makes a left handed bolt gun?

With the logic being thrown around on this forum, it leads me to ask myself.....If everyone thinks so highly of this rifle, why hasn't anyone attempted to make a reasonable offer? Hint hint.....(n)
To show you where my priorities are, I am 22 and own 4 guns more expensive than my truck.

Why wait until you retire? You could be using it on your current safaris. I wonder if Heym makes a left handed bolt gun?

I don't think they do?

Rigby does though (not in the highland stalker).

As far as why wait, for me it's simple. It's something special I will have earned. I tend to view rifles more as tools and have the appropriate tools now that I use, and I'm very comfortable with each one. I see no need to change.

But when I have "earned " it I will enjoy it and hunt with it. No matter how pretty it is I assure you it will get used!

DSC_0881A.jpg

So do I. '86 F350, 460 cu 4x4 with AirLockers, 17x12 weld wheels & 36x12 Krawlers & when my son gets it done, a front full brushguard with winch.

What if I told you I was going to buy a double rifle with the proceeds? Would that help me exit the hall of shame???

What another double!!??

I don't think they do?

Rigby does though (not in the highland stalker).

As far as why wait, for me it's simple. It's something special I will have earned. I tend to view rifles more as tools and have the appropriate tools now that I use, and I'm very comfortable with each one. I see no need to change.

But when I have "earned " it I will enjoy it and hunt with it. No matter how pretty it is I assure you it will get used!
That Highland Stalker is one fine feeling rifle. I considered buying one of those in 9.3x62 instead of the Heym. I, like you, have plenty of rifles that will do the job. And, most of them have enough "notches" so as not to be sold. It's kind of hard for me to part with rifles that have been used on Safaris, and are present in the photos from those safaris. If I've never used a particular gun for anything other than fondling material, I really don't care either way. If I had used this Heym on a safari, and had taken game with it, I could probably never sell it at that point. I just know myself, and I would probably always reach for a synthetic stocked, lightweight rifle, when is comes time to fill out the 4457. So, I feel like someone else could probably make better use of the Heym than I could or would. But man.....that walnut stock sure would look nice propped up against an Ele....

But man.....that walnut stock sure would look nice propped up against an Ele....
You seem to have talked yourself into keeping the dear 404

I just listed this rifle on Guns International. So you guys are about to get some competition! Better hurry up!

To show you where my priorities are, I am 22 and own 4 guns more expensive than my truck.
Fine start Wyatt! Well unless your truck is a huge POS! I have owned a couple of trucks that were equal to a couple 6.5 carcanos and a mossberg 500 hanging in the back window was probably the most valuable part of the vehicle if you were to salvage it out! I think nobody ever stole anything out of it because they felt sorry for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuigrande

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross