For Sale 470 NE Primed, Pulled, Nickle Plated & Brass

krish

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I have 480 NE nice plated FC PRIMED PULLED BRASS FOR SALE.
$250.00 for 100 + shipping (lower 48 only)
Works out to $2.50 a piece.
American reloading selling it for over $4 per piece.
Thank you
Krish
20210321_124528.jpg

I'll take them, provided the 480 is a typo and you meant 470 NE,

Thank you Ray B.
Sent you a PM with MY info.

MORE 470 NE BRASS AVAILABLE.
BUMP

I was told they were fed 215 primers. Since there are no head stamps on primers i take it for the sellers word. That is the best i can do. Since it is federal factory brass.
Krish

Not to interrupt, but I don't think the primers can be sorted by looking at the exterior. I've read that when federal loads some of the larger magnums that they use a primer slightly hotter than the 215, however I've seen no evidence of the change. I do recall Weatherby advertisements from the 60s that made a big deal that the loadings used Federal 215 primers- no indication that they were any different from "regular" F215s. It would be interesting to see what performance difference there is. I'll be getting some of these brass/primers and I have some F215s so when the snow clears and the government lets me out of the house I may be able to load some of each up and see how they fair over a chronograph.

I do know one thing. That is federal 215 is not hot enough for full charge in a 505 gibbs with slow powders unless it is hot out side and the case is
Atleast 95% gull.

Not to interrupt, but I don't think the primers can be sorted by looking at the exterior. I've read that when federal loads some of the larger magnums that they use a primer slightly hotter than the 215, however I've seen no evidence of the change. I do recall Weatherby advertisements from the 60s that made a big deal that the loadings used Federal 215 primers- no indication that they were any different from "regular" F215s. It would be interesting to see what performance difference there is. I'll be getting some of these brass/primers and I have some F215s so when the snow clears and the government lets me out of the house I may be able to load some of each up and see how they fair over a chronograph.
When you do that your feed black will be greatly appreciated.
Krish

The price of $250 is for brass only. Shipping is $15 ,for lower 48.
so there is no confusion.
Krish

I certainly did not mean for my comment to be taken as derogatory; on the contrary I believe that some people would consider the ability to access those primers as a means to use different powder charges.

I certainly don't know if you can safely extract and reuse primers; but I'm sure someone would like them for the BIG magnums.

Thank you RAY. Shipped the brass by UPS and sent you tracking info by PM.
A FEED BACK ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE BRASS WILL BE APPRECIATED.
KRISH.

I’ve used this brass and find no velocity difference between my loads with a 215M primer and the pull down brass loaded the with the same charge. My guess would be they are a 215 and 2.50 a piece is a damn good deal especially if your short on magnum primers and don’t have enough pain tolerance to buy any at a gun show!

Brass delivered today via UPS- as advertised. Seller still has some so you 470NE owners have a good source for the remaining supply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinTill6

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.