For Sale 470 NE Primed, Pulled, Nickle Plated & Brass

krish

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I have 480 NE nice plated FC PRIMED PULLED BRASS FOR SALE.
$250.00 for 100 + shipping (lower 48 only)
Works out to $2.50 a piece.
American reloading selling it for over $4 per piece.
Thank you
Krish
20210321_124528.jpg

I'll take them, provided the 480 is a typo and you meant 470 NE,

Thank you Ray B.
Sent you a PM with MY info.

MORE 470 NE BRASS AVAILABLE.
BUMP

I was told they were fed 215 primers. Since there are no head stamps on primers i take it for the sellers word. That is the best i can do. Since it is federal factory brass.
Krish

Not to interrupt, but I don't think the primers can be sorted by looking at the exterior. I've read that when federal loads some of the larger magnums that they use a primer slightly hotter than the 215, however I've seen no evidence of the change. I do recall Weatherby advertisements from the 60s that made a big deal that the loadings used Federal 215 primers- no indication that they were any different from "regular" F215s. It would be interesting to see what performance difference there is. I'll be getting some of these brass/primers and I have some F215s so when the snow clears and the government lets me out of the house I may be able to load some of each up and see how they fair over a chronograph.

I do know one thing. That is federal 215 is not hot enough for full charge in a 505 gibbs with slow powders unless it is hot out side and the case is
Atleast 95% gull.

Not to interrupt, but I don't think the primers can be sorted by looking at the exterior. I've read that when federal loads some of the larger magnums that they use a primer slightly hotter than the 215, however I've seen no evidence of the change. I do recall Weatherby advertisements from the 60s that made a big deal that the loadings used Federal 215 primers- no indication that they were any different from "regular" F215s. It would be interesting to see what performance difference there is. I'll be getting some of these brass/primers and I have some F215s so when the snow clears and the government lets me out of the house I may be able to load some of each up and see how they fair over a chronograph.
When you do that your feed black will be greatly appreciated.
Krish

The price of $250 is for brass only. Shipping is $15 ,for lower 48.
so there is no confusion.
Krish

I certainly did not mean for my comment to be taken as derogatory; on the contrary I believe that some people would consider the ability to access those primers as a means to use different powder charges.

I certainly don't know if you can safely extract and reuse primers; but I'm sure someone would like them for the BIG magnums.

Thank you RAY. Shipped the brass by UPS and sent you tracking info by PM.
A FEED BACK ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE BRASS WILL BE APPRECIATED.
KRISH.

I’ve used this brass and find no velocity difference between my loads with a 215M primer and the pull down brass loaded the with the same charge. My guess would be they are a 215 and 2.50 a piece is a damn good deal especially if your short on magnum primers and don’t have enough pain tolerance to buy any at a gun show!

Brass delivered today via UPS- as advertised. Seller still has some so you 470NE owners have a good source for the remaining supply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you