For Sale 34" Elephant Hide Belt

Bule Jagter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
ZA, USA, (Indonesia, because spearfishing is hunting, also)
I ordered the wrong size. This is a 34" Beltman, brown, elephant hide, 1 1/2" wide, with antique brass textured roller buckle. I am able to wear this belt, however, I'd prefer a belt one inch longer. Read through the Beltman website to understand the correct way to determine your size. To give you an idea, I am an athletic build. You really should read through the way the Beltman suggests you measure your belt. If you follow his directions (I failed when ordering this belt), you will know which size is perfect, for you. I have ordered three other belts from Beltman, and they all fit me perfectly. Today, I decided to order the same belt, one inch longer.

This belt is in excellent condition. Buy this belt from me, and save $50.00 and also save the shipping cost. I'm will accept $150, shipped to the lower 48 of the USA.

IMG_3192.JPG
IMG_3189.JPG
IMG_3188.JPG
IMG_3190.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read through the website. If I'm understanding the chart correctly, the 34" belt is for a 30" pant size?
Wow... I haven't been that small since High School.

I was hoping it was for a 34" pant size.

Oh well, that's a great price on a fantastic belt and surely someone on here can wear it and will want it.
Disappointed it isn't my size, but such is life.

High School is about correct for that waist size
I actually had a Mill Operator that worked for me back several years ago who was in his late 20's, about 6'1" tall, and had at most a 30" pant size. He might have even been a 28".

Every time he got hungry he'd say, "When's my break? My belly button is gnawing on my backbone!"

Haha, I told him I couldn't relate, as my belly button hadn't been close enough to by backbone for that to be a concern since at least my college days. :ROFLMAO:

I like to think I'm pretty fit for a guy in his mid-40's, but if I had a waist that small at my age and overall build, I'd look ill. :E Shrug:

I told Dick Murray of Murray Custom Leather when I ordered my last belt that my waist size was keeping up with my age... he laughed!

I thought the Beltman offered to exchange belts if the wrong size was ordered?

Be careful where you send it. I dont remember which states, but there is a couple states that dont allow elephant skin.

Dick Murray has always treated me well and that's why I buy his belts. They last about 10 years of everyday use.

Doesn't anyone love their wife or children? You can buy this belt for one of them.

Pants sizes are very misleading. Marketing is used to convince people they have smaller waists than they really do. People psychologically want to buy from a manufacturer who "claims" you have a smaller size waist than you really do. That's why the belt man, and some other manufacturers go into detail on how to order the correct size. My waist is actually about 35", but the pants I have to purchase usually claim to be 30" or 31". I made a mistake in ordering a 34" belt, but I should have ordered a 35" belt. The Beltman makes a great product, but when custom ordering a belt, exchanges are not allowed. I've worn the belt several times, but I'd prefer to use the fourth hole, not the third.

By the way, I don't look sick. I'm 53 years old, have a 43" chest, 35" waist, 6' 00" tall, 188lbs. Come on guys... all you need to do is: eat healthy, complete a proper weightlifting workout five or six days each week, spend all your extra time with outdoor activities, such as spearfishing or stalking buffalo, and win the gene pool lottery! (I do all that, and I realize I'm also lucky)

With regard to some states not allowing an elephant belt; I will ask the Beltman to let me know which states I am not allowed to send it to. If you are from that state, we'll have to cancel the deal.

Doesn't anyone love their wife or children? You can buy this belt for one of them.

Pants sizes are very misleading. Marketing is used to convince people they have smaller waists than they really do. People psychologically want to buy from a manufacturer who "claims" you have a smaller size waist than you really do. That's why the belt man, and some other manufacturers go into detail on how to order the correct size. My waist is actually about 35", but the pants I have to purchase usually claim to be 30" or 31". I made a mistake in ordering a 34" belt, but I should have ordered a 35" belt. The Beltman makes a great product, but when custom ordering a belt, exchanges are not allowed. I've worn the belt several times, but I'd prefer to use the fourth hole, not the third.

By the way, I don't look sick. I'm 53 years old, have a 43" chest, 35" waist, 6' 00" tall, 188lbs. Come on guys... all you need to do is: eat healthy, complete a proper weightlifting workout five or six days each week, spend all your extra time with outdoor activities, such as spearfishing or stalking buffalo, and win the gene pool lottery! (I do all that, and I realize I'm also lucky)

With regard to some states not allowing an elephant belt; I will ask the Beltman to let me know which states I am not allowed to send it to. If you are from that state, we'll have to cancel the deal.
No insult intended on saying I'd look ill if I wore a 30" waist - I certainly wasn't meaning to offend you, although I'm concerned I may have accidentally done so.

For what it's worth, my actual waist measurement (at the navel) is 37.75" (I'm 5'11" 189lbs), so not significantly larger than your waist, nor am I really proportionately heavier than you. I do work out, lift, run, eat healthy - but I have moderately wide pelvic structure (not typical woman wide, but wider than a lot of men - it's genetic.), and even when I was a 36" measured waist pre-COVID (with upper abs well visible then), I still wore a 34" pant size in most brands and a 33" in a few others. Where my pants sit, my pelvis is simply not small enough to get to a 30" waist without me looking anorexic. The bone structure just isn't there for that to realistically happen for me.

That's all I meant, that I personally would look unhealthy if I was lean enough to shoehorn my pelvis into a 30" pant - so again, I certainly hope I didn't offend you. I'm actually a bit envious, to be honest.

Neither of my sons can wear the belt either, or I would gladly buy it as a gift for them. My youngest son is graduating college next month and it would be an awesome graduation gift for him that he would love, but as he is almost exactly your size, it's about 1-2" too small for him as well, unfortunately. My older sons are both larger men in general, so no dice there.

No doubt someone will buy it, it's a fantastic deal!

Bule, what is the measurement from the outside of the buckle to the center hole in inches?

Arkansas Traveler, I was not at all offended. I actually am getting a laugh with many of the posts, and I was trying to be funny, as well. Sometimes, it can be difficult to get the proper communication with reading a post. I'm sorry for giving the impression that your pst bothered me. It did not bother me at all.

Bule, what is the measurement from the outside of the buckle to the center hole in inches?
I just measured from the outside (the textured roller on the outer edge of the buckle) to the center hole. It is 34"

Arkansas Traveler, I was not at all offended. I actually am getting a laugh with many of the posts, and I was trying to be funny, as well. Sometimes, it can be difficult to get the proper communication with reading a post. I'm sorry for giving the impression that your pst bothered me. It did not bother me at all.
All good. You are 100% right - it's incredibly difficult to tell tone on posts.

As a result, I'm always concerned that I'll accidentally come across offensively when I certainly never mean to be anything of the like (or when occasionally debating with others - politics, etc. - I'm always concerned my writing makes me sound like a know-it-all when I certainly do not have that intent)!

Anyway, good luck selling the belt. I'm still disappointed that I can't make use of it at this price! (y)

Is the belt 34 inches from tip to buckle?

I'm going to try to attach pictures to clarify my response to your question. The belt measures 34" from the third hole in the belt, to the inside of the textured roller on the buckle. That essentially means, if your waist measures 34", you can wear this belt using the third hole. It's certainly possible to wear it if your waist is 35" (My waist is actually 35", but I measured incorrectly), by using the second hole in the belt. You can also wear the belt if your waist is a few inches smaller, by using the 5th, 6th, or 7th hole in the belt. I prefer to use the third hole in the belt.

C2ED6D85-684D-4215-B254-B59273AE24DC.jpg
BCE39F8B-9A7B-4639-9D90-91603F8CA540.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.