Five weeks in Africa!

For you guys that do hunt reports and also read them a question? Should I do each separately or just do one on the whole trip? I really enjoy the people that spend time and chronicle their trips. It always gets me excited and is certainly a good resource to evaluate outfitters. Thanks for the input.
Write what you want, document with photo's with what you want.

Your past documentations have been amazing by the way...

Looking forward to it and I am sure whatever presentation you make; all on this site will love it.

It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife at Afton! I hope the hunts are going well!

For you guys that do hunt reports and also read them a question? Should I do each separately or just do one on the whole trip? I really enjoy the people that spend time and chronicle their trips. It always gets me excited and is certainly a good resource to evaluate outfitters. Thanks for the input.
I think if you want to single out the Outfitters and report on each one, you could separate reports but include links to the others. Personally I'd prefer reading a chronological report of the whole trip in one.

And then if your wife and kids what to do their own would be cool to hear from their perspective. Or just add their comments into your report.

Always interesting to read the different view points ;)

On my recent trip report here:

I took notes each day on my iPhone along with pics from trail cameras, actual cameras and iPhone pics. I had no cell phone connection or internet access during the trip. Heck, when I left Cuomo was Governor of NY and Afghanistan was fine. Quite a change when I got back.

Anyway, I digress. I could have made a short post and just could have posted trophy pics and be done with it. But, I realize not everyone is able to go on a long DG hunt for multiple animals and wanted to provide information about the whole experience. So, I spend an hour or so each day to chronicle the experience with extra pics etc..

I will say one thing, with the full schedule of a hunt you really will not have time to do justice to your experience doing daily posts, especially the fact that you have family with you. I'd enjoy the experience, just take short notes and then post when you get back.
Agreed!

My sleep schedule was off so I would wake up early and I would write for hours and only get through half a day. The more notes the better, you will be surprised what you forget. When you start reviewing what you wrote you will be happy you jotted it down.

I applaud anyone that takes the time to write a report. Until I actually tried it I was not aware of the effort and time commitment members made.

Sounds great,
I could see that luggage pile growing taking the family.
My wife and I done 10 days with carry on only.
They offered daily washing so thought we could go light.
Our first international trip I wanted to keep it simple.

WOW! Spoiler alert! I have been getting some pictures from John. His taxidermist bill is going to be outrageous! Ouch! The good news is he has taken some very fine trophies! You guys are going to enjoy seeing all he has taken!

It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife at Afton! I hope the hunts are going well!
Thanks Brandon, it was greeting meeting you as well. Love the Afton House and the people you meet there. Looks like you had a great trip.

Back from an epic 5 weeks in RSA. Need to organize the photos and get started. I documented every day with notes on my phone. Thanks for everyone and the suggestions on what to do. It was a big help. For you first timers this is the forum to have your questions answered. The experience on here is unmatched anywhere.
I think the plan is to do separate reports on the 3 safaris. Maybe title it 5 week in RSA safari #1 Bushmen Safaris and so on. I'm open on suggestions if that doesn't seem like a good format.

John, I am really looking forward to your reports! Thanks so much for sharing some of it with me on Whattsapp! It looked like you and your family were having an absolutely grand time with outstanding hunting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross