Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI lifetime, RMEF lifetime, OHA lifetime
Hunted
Namibia,South Africa, North America, Canada, Argentina, Costa Rica
Leaving Monday August 30th for five weeks in South Africa. It’s been a long count down but it’s finally here. Flying Qatar from Portland to Seattle to Doha to Johannesburg. Some co-workers think I’m crazy. My response, you realize we work at the Justice Center where we were under siege for about a whole year. You think I’m worried about Africa?

We will arrive early September 1st and stay at the Afton house. Anyone else going to be there? Then it’s off to Bushman Safaris for 10 days of plains game hunting. After that we will be with Riaan Snyder’s, he was a P.H for Pieter at PawPrint safaris. Lot’s of night hunting planned for that ten days. We will then finish off at Dries Visser safaris for 10 more days of archery hunting.

I will be accompanied by my wife and twin 14 year old girls. The luggage pile will definitely grow a bit when they get busy!
13D6E527-1769-4804-B0FB-31B4BAFF794A.jpeg

Best of luck! Have fun and stay safe.:A Banana:

Sounds outstanding, enjoy!

Awesome! Enjoy your adventure, can’t wait for a hunting report in September.

Go Sandy!!!

Have a great trip and document it well!
Hope you and the Family have an awesome trip and safe travels...

From the Hood... Just over the mountain from you...

Oh wow! Safe travels! I hope you and your family have an AMAZING time! Looking forward to reading all about it!

WOW! Five weeks is a real dream hunt! Have fun!

You taking your twins gives me hope, mine are only two, so I have a long way to go. I hope it gets easier when they get older!

Have a great hunt, keep us posted.

@jpomazi my son and I hunted with Pieter in 2017. We spent a couple of days hunting on Riaan's property with him and Jonathan, our other PH. The first day, my son took a big pig at about 100 yards.

Then I was back there in 2018 and I took the second pig on Riaan's property at 60 yards. Not as big as my son's.

GetAttachmentThumbnail (2).jpg
DSCF3414.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Jpo........wow, 5 weeks! That's great. I salute you for your work in the combat zone. You deserve a break. So nice to have your family along. Do your wife or kids bowhunt as well? Hope so. Looking forward to your report. .......FWB

Very cool trip planned! Hope you and family truly enjoy every second!

And I hope to hear a report on the new Afton house. Sounds like a lot of great changes under the new ownership! Richard did my last trophy shipment and is doing a current one. He's been very competitive;)

Cripes what an awesome time you have coming…I’m just a wee bit jealous! I think this would fit for me in the Dream Hunt thread.

Awesome! Go get em! Good luck!

Looks to be an amazing trip you have planned ! Looking forward to the hunting report already !

Any specific species you are targetting?

Safe travels for you and your family and happy hunting!

Go Sandy!!!

Have a great trip and document it well!
Hope you and the Family have an awesome trip and safe travels...

From the Hood... Just over the mountain from you...
Thanks Chukar, just over the mountain from the good part of the State you are!!

Wow!!!! 5 weeks!!!! Have a great trip!!!

Have a good trip! Sounds like a 2020 and 2021 hunt rolled into one big adventure!

What are your main objectives?
Hi Tra3,
At Bushman pretty much the standard plains game, I offered the twins to be the hunters but they declined so the wife and I will be after anything Big. As of now blue wildebeest, impala, blesbuck, zebra, warthog, duiker and steenbok.
With Riaan, bushbuck, klipspringer, golden wildebeest, black impala, bush pig, honey badger, caracal, serval, genet, roan and the wife is after a crocodile.
At Dries Visser Sable, Nyala, common reedbuck, baboon and maybe golden oryx.
A full menu for sure. The wife and I have worked overtime about 40 hours a week each this year so this was hard earned.

You taking your twins gives me hope, mine are only two, so I have a long way to go. I hope it gets easier when they get older!

Have a great hunt, keep us posted.
YancyW, I feel your pain. Those first two years suck! Really no other way to put it. You're almost there and after that if they are like our girls they will be best friends and entertain each other and it will be smooth sailing. Well until they hit about 13...........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross