First time in Africa

Nuclear Worker

AH member
Joined
Apr 1, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
26
Looking at doing a safari for my first time. Are they all in conservancy’s? Or can a person still hunt where you might see Elephants, giraffes, lions , hyenas etc. or are safari’s like that a thing of the past? Looking at plains game for my wife and Cape buffalo for me. Kudu, Sable, etc. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
 
Looking at doing a safari for my first time. Are they all in conservancy’s? Or can a person still hunt where you might see Elephants, giraffes, lions , hyenas etc. or are safari’s like that a thing of the past? Looking at plains game for my wife and Cape buffalo for me. Kudu, Sable, etc. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.









I find that same thrill of hitting the mark at https://mostbetbd.asia/aviator/ where the fast-paced action and intuitive gameplay offer a truly exciting and rewarding way to spend your downtime.
It is definitely not a thing of the past because the best hunting today happens in massive unfenced concessions and conservancies that act as wild ecosystems where you will see elephants and lions every single day while tracking your game. For a mix of Cape Buffalo and high quality plains game like Kudu or Sable I would look into the Zambezi Valley in Zimbabwe or the Selous in Tanzania since those areas offer a truly rugged and traditional experience where animals roam across millions of acres.
 
Looking at doing a safari for my first time. Are they all in conservancy’s? Or can a person still hunt where you might see Elephants, giraffes, lions , hyenas etc. or are safari’s like that a thing of the past? Looking at plains game for my wife and Cape buffalo for me. Kudu, Sable, etc. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
First of all welcome to AH. There is tons of info here to answer your extremely broad question. I'll say most all PG safaris in RSA and Namibia are on private land and the term conservancy or concession does not apply. PG safaris on a ranch can start at $5000 in total whereas a safari in Big 5 wilderness area can be $2000/day in just daily fees. Hunt the Eastern Cape and then go to Addo Elephant park and or Pumba Game reserve for the side trip you are dreaming of. I am sure @KMG Hunting Safaris would be able to confirm this idea for your first safari.
 
You have lots of research to do ahead of you! Attending an expo would be a good start. Read through the “hunt reports” section on here would be useful. As Mr. Glass mentioned, your budget is the deciding factor. YouTube can be a great resource as well.
 
Looking at doing a safari for my first time. Are they all in conservancy’s? Or can a person still hunt where you might see Elephants, giraffes, lions , hyenas etc. or are safari’s like that a thing of the past? Looking at plains game for my wife and Cape buffalo for me. Kudu, Sable, etc. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ...with respect you really need to do a lot of reading and research, as you really don't have any idea about African hunting. Plenty on here to read ,and try find magazines or some up to date relevant books to give you the information you need to be able to make a decision on what country you think you might like to do your hunt in....lots of differences between the main hunting countries in prices..terrain...and species available.....so you need to do your homework to do yourself justice in choosing what is best for you...yes use the info given on your thread here...but get your own info as well.. :D Beers:
 
Welcome. Congratulations on your decision to go on Safari. You only get one first Safari.

Plenty of advice and opinions coming. There are many safe and malaria free countries in Africa for you and your wife to visit and hunt.

Take the time to read hunt reports and planning guides here. You will find everything you need on Africa Hunting….
 
@Nuclear Worker You have already posted a similar thread. I guess you did not get your answer.
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/1st-safari-please-help.90633/#post-1384284

I'd suggest you start here.

Try reading some hunting reports and that can give you some ideas about what is available and can expect.
There are more than 81 pages of them available.
https://www.africahunting.com/community/hunting-reports/

A great place to start learning about hunting in various African countries.
https://www.africahunting.com/community/hunting-info-country/
 
I booked my first safari in September. I spent the summer reading books, hunt reports and YouTube videos. I found the videos to be very helpful. Watch closely and you will discern the type of hunt you want and where. For me, I ended up wanting a wilderness experience and a tracking hunt. I wasn’t hung up on a particular species or racking up numbers.
Now I’m headed to the lower Zambezi Valley in ‘28 with CMS.
 
Looking at doing a safari for my first time. Are they all in conservancy’s? Or can a person still hunt where you might see Elephants, giraffes, lions , hyenas etc. or are safari’s like that a thing of the past? Looking at plains game for my wife and Cape buffalo for me. Kudu, Sable, etc. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
 
It is definitely not a thing of the past because the best hunting today happens in massive unfenced concessions and conservancies that act as wild ecosystems where you will see elephants and lions every single day while tracking your game. For a mix of Cape Buffalo and high quality plains game like Kudu or Sable I would look into the Zambezi Valley in Zimbabwe or the Selous in Tanzania since those areas offer a truly rugged and traditional experience where animals roam across millions of acres.
 
Welcome. Congratulations on your decision to go on Safari. You only get one first Safari.

Plenty of advice and opinions coming. There are many safe and malaria free countries in Africa for you and your wife to visit and hunt.

Take the time to read hunt reports and planning guides here. You will find everything you need on Africa Hunting….
 
Looking at doing a safari for my first time. Are they all in conservancy’s? Or can a person still hunt where you might see Elephants, giraffes, lions , hyenas etc. or are safari’s like that a thing of the past? Looking at plains game for my wife and Cape buffalo for me. Kudu, Sable, etc. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
Good day sir, yes you can with us @DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS
We will are able to offer you exactly what you’re requesting sir. Will send you an DM.
Kind regards
Derian Koekemoer
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,337
Messages
1,573,254
Members
169,728
Latest member
AundreaDia
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top