First double-Chapuis .470 NE

drbeech1968

AH senior member
Joined
Apr 28, 2021
Messages
57
Reaction score
165
Media
6
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Early 90’s PH 1 Chapuis .470 sorted out by JJ Perodeau. Proper weight at 11.3 pounds and ready for her maiden voyage to Zimbabwe next month for Cape buff and plains game. All it needs is some African dust and sun!!

A532F7C4-6A70-4BC6-AD39-FBAD0235C3C8.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Have a great hunt and be sure and share when you get back.
 
Congratulations! I'm a big fan of Chapuis doubles and am packing my 375H&H for another trip to Limpopo next week.
You will love your 470. Get to the range and practice!
 
Early 90’s PH 1 Chapuis .470 sorted out by JJ Perodeau. Proper weight at 11.3 pounds and ready for her maiden voyage to Zimbabwe next month for Cape buff and plains game. All it needs is some African dust and sun!!
That one is really pretty. Great wood. Have a great Trip!
 
Congratulations! I'm a big fan of Chapuis doubles and am packing my 375H&H for another trip to Limpopo next week.
You will love your 470. Get to the range and practice!
Thank you! It’s a great shooter and I’ve enjoyed taking it to the range lately. I really like the Chapuis doubles, also. JJ and George Champlin both say they’re very well made, solid rifles. Best of luck in Limpopo!
 
A well known Zimbabwe PH friend of mine bought and started using a Chapuis .470 double very accurate, he loves it.
 
Thank you! It’s a great shooter and I’ve enjoyed taking it to the range lately. I really like the Chapuis doubles, also. JJ and George Champlin both say they’re very well made, solid rifles. Best of luck in Limpopo!
I bought a 450-400 DR Chapuis from them and love it. Congratulations!
 
A well known Zimbabwe PH friend of mine bought and started using a Chapuis .470 double very accurate, he loves it.
Thank you Lon! Doug Duckworth, Barry's nephew, was my PH in Mozambique a few years back and he carried a nice .470 double. He will be our PH again this time. His cousin Neil uses the original .505 Gibbs I think, that belonged to Barry. He and Richard Harland had consecutive numbered original Gibbs rifles according to something I read!
 
Thank you Lon! Doug Duckworth, Barry's nephew, was my PH in Mozambique a few years back and he carried a nice .470 double. He will be our PH again this time. His cousin Neil uses the original .505 Gibbs I think, that belonged to Barry. He and Richard Harland had consecutive numbered original Gibbs rifles according to something I read!
Here is a crappy pic of Neil’s 505 Gibbs. Next to a full grown 458 Lott. Not a youth model.
 
CD64005B-50E3-4E01-B883-8B8A4378E613.jpeg
 
Im a,big fan of #Chapuis .I have server

al doubles but one of them a #Chapuis progress 470NE has over 1000 shells fired mostly to water buffalos and never have an issue with it.
 
I wonder if Champlain will have a booth with those doubles at sci in Nashville
 
They usually do. Talk to George and JJ
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,539
Members
169,370
Latest member
RustyBinns
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top