First double-Chapuis .470 NE

drbeech1968

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Early 90’s PH 1 Chapuis .470 sorted out by JJ Perodeau. Proper weight at 11.3 pounds and ready for her maiden voyage to Zimbabwe next month for Cape buff and plains game. All it needs is some African dust and sun!!

A532F7C4-6A70-4BC6-AD39-FBAD0235C3C8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Have a great hunt and be sure and share when you get back.

Congratulations! I'm a big fan of Chapuis doubles and am packing my 375H&H for another trip to Limpopo next week.
You will love your 470. Get to the range and practice!

Early 90’s PH 1 Chapuis .470 sorted out by JJ Perodeau. Proper weight at 11.3 pounds and ready for her maiden voyage to Zimbabwe next month for Cape buff and plains game. All it needs is some African dust and sun!!
That one is really pretty. Great wood. Have a great Trip!

Congratulations! I'm a big fan of Chapuis doubles and am packing my 375H&H for another trip to Limpopo next week.
You will love your 470. Get to the range and practice!
Thank you! It’s a great shooter and I’ve enjoyed taking it to the range lately. I really like the Chapuis doubles, also. JJ and George Champlin both say they’re very well made, solid rifles. Best of luck in Limpopo!

A well known Zimbabwe PH friend of mine bought and started using a Chapuis .470 double very accurate, he loves it.

Thank you! It’s a great shooter and I’ve enjoyed taking it to the range lately. I really like the Chapuis doubles, also. JJ and George Champlin both say they’re very well made, solid rifles. Best of luck in Limpopo!
I bought a 450-400 DR Chapuis from them and love it. Congratulations!

A well known Zimbabwe PH friend of mine bought and started using a Chapuis .470 double very accurate, he loves it.
Thank you Lon! Doug Duckworth, Barry's nephew, was my PH in Mozambique a few years back and he carried a nice .470 double. He will be our PH again this time. His cousin Neil uses the original .505 Gibbs I think, that belonged to Barry. He and Richard Harland had consecutive numbered original Gibbs rifles according to something I read!

Thank you Lon! Doug Duckworth, Barry's nephew, was my PH in Mozambique a few years back and he carried a nice .470 double. He will be our PH again this time. His cousin Neil uses the original .505 Gibbs I think, that belonged to Barry. He and Richard Harland had consecutive numbered original Gibbs rifles according to something I read!
Here is a crappy pic of Neil’s 505 Gibbs. Next to a full grown 458 Lott. Not a youth model.

CD64005B-50E3-4E01-B883-8B8A4378E613.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: RTG
Lovely double rifle, congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross