First .375 on the way!

Bob, be sure to introduce him to the Bundy Bear. If he drinks Bourbon he might not get it. I know plenty of Rum drinkers who cant get a taste for Bourbon.
Someone used the term "Square Bear" might have been an American helping us at fires.

Bob, be sure to introduce him to the Bundy Bear. If he drinks Bourbon he might not get it. I know plenty of Rum drinkers who cant get a taste for Bourbon.
Someone used the term "Square Bear" might have been an American helping us at fires.

Although I hold nothing against rum or bourbon and have sampled both occasionally, I prefer a good rye whisky.

Congratulations on both your choice of rifle and caliber!
I had a Zastava M70 and couldn't fault it in any way.
I later fitted it with a Boyds stock, added a barrel-band sling swivel and had it reamed to .375Wby - not that it was needed, I just have a bit of a thing for Weatherby cartridges...
Zastava's are so underrated in my opinion.
Enjoy - and keep us posted! (y)

XLPyL2L.jpg

Attachments

• XLPyL2L.jpg
    XLPyL2L.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
We'll pull through it bob I plan to debate mighty jackalope and buck tooth mouses over a few cold ones.
Skinnersblade
Dang man it's a sabre tooth field mouse not a buck tooth and it will woop ass any jackalopes you put it up against.
You provide the goodies and I'll bring the Bundy rum and vegemite
Cheers mate Bob

The validity of these "sabre" teeth remains to be seen , certainly not to be compared to the majestic rack of a prime jackalope buck.

I've got a feeling if we got to far into that conversation ( and the rum) I'd have to fix one of my famous six Advil omlets for breakfast.

Congratulations on both your choice of rifle and caliber!
I had a Zastava M70 and couldn't fault it in any way.
I later fitted it with a Boyds stock, added a barrel-band sling swivel and had it reamed to .375Wby - not that it was needed, I just have a bit of a thing for Weatherby cartridges...
Zastava's are so underrated in my opinion.
Enjoy - and keep us posted! (y)

XLPyL2L.jpg

If often said I fear no evil while carrying a .340 weatherby, I can see no reason why a .375 weatherby wouldn't improve along the sentiment.

Congrats on your acquisition of the King of Rifles. You are now equipped to face anything on this earth. However, be forewarned. A taste of the big bores leads to more of the same.

Congratulations! With the right bullets, the old 375 H&H can handle anything on earth! Let us know how it shoots once you get it!

Congratulations! Nice that you found a left hand action .375 H&H, those are not common. I've owned a variety .375's over the last decade or so, and always wanted to bring one to Africa. That was my plan anyway. I found out in the meantime that the .375 works just fine for Canadian bear, and moose, and elk. It's a bit of a disease, this rifle loonie affliction. I have tried Ruger RSM and Sako AV .375 rifles, and still have a CZ 550 and a Sako Kodiak. In an odd twist of fate, instead of a .375 I actually brought a .450-400 double and a 9.3x62 on my last safari. Now I need to go back to give one of my .375's some proper work. Hope you get to use yours as intended!

This is happy news today! I needed one, then I ended up with two.
What glass do you plan for it?

If I can find on I'd like to have a Nikon monarch African 1-4x24. I had on on a henry single shot 45-70 and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately I sold the rifle to buy my .340

Well gents as of today I've joined the ranks of fellow big bore addicts on this forum. I blame gateway calibers such as .340 weatherby and .45-70 for leading me astray.

In about a weeks time I will have a .375 h&h zastava lh.

Out of curiosity do I just start looking for an action to build a .404 on now or wait a bit....

Start now on the 404 sir or just go ahead and scope out the doubles!

If often said I fear no evil while carrying a .340 weatherby, I can see no reason why a .375 weatherby wouldn't improve along the sentiment.
Although I hate to admit it, the .340 Weatherby was/is a nice ballistic improvement over my .338WM. But, I’ll stick with my WM. I would though, stop at the .375 h and h in that caliber vs. the Weatherby. Just my two centavos!

Well gents as of today I've joined the ranks of fellow big bore addicts on this forum. I blame gateway calibers such as .340 weatherby and .45-70 for leading me astray.

In about a weeks time I will have a .375 h&h zastava lh.

Out of curiosity do I just start looking for an action to build a .404 on now or wait a bit....
Skinnersblade
Mate find a good M17 and a decent gunsmith and build your once in a lifetime 404. Make sure the Smith knows how to trim the action properly to the Remington 30s profile. It won't be cheap depending on the the grade of walnut you use but it will be built to YOUR desires not mass produced.
Cheers mate Bob

Congratulations, I sold a .458 to get my .375 H@H , I can’t use 2 and I wanted the Classic cartridge chambering and it feeds well and is versatile for me. But if need you another sit tight I guess there will be more suggestions.
Australia lucked out in the Bear dept. maybe one day I pursue them . I didn’t I would hunt Africa but I got there.
CBH
Don't tell lies Chris we got them deadly drop bears mate
Cheers mate Bob

CBH
Chris if all else fails we could all just hunt Bundy Bear.
Cheers mate Bob

The validity of these "sabre" teeth remains to be seen , certainly not to be compared to the majestic rack of a prime jackalope buck.

I've got a feeling if we got to far into that conversation ( and the rum) I'd have to fix one of my famous six Advil omlets for breakfast.
Skinnersblade
Mate just an omelette and bacon, got to be that beautiful Canadian maple bacon tho followed by another Bundy.
A hair of the dog of the bitch that bit you the night before usually works wonders.
Cheers mate Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you