First .375 on the way!

No I have no experience with any of the outfitters here on the island because as a resident I don't need one to hunt. Our moose are your deer in Nova Scotia. I generally draw a moose licence every second year. Bear licences are available over the counter and you are allowed 2 bear on a licence. Then you can buy another licence if you wish. For years I didn't bear hunt as I didn't eat the meat. That all changed last year. Have you or do you have plans to hunt Africa? I have the bug bad, I blame it on the 375 H&H

No I have no experience with any of the outfitters here on the island because as a resident I don't need one to hunt. Our moose are your deer in Nova Scotia. I generally draw a moose licence every second year. Bear licences are available over the counter and you are allowed 2 bear on a licence. Then you can buy another licence if you wish. For years I didn't bear hunt as I didn't eat the meat. That all changed last year. Have you or do you have plans to hunt Africa? I have the bug bad, I blame it on the 375 H&H

I was in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Africa for either this fall or spring next year before all went crazy.
Now I'm considering a bear hunt with gander river for this fall.

Be very careful with your .375. I started with one and now the damn things are fixing to take over the place. I had a .30-06 infestation. A mild .308 pestilence. Possibly a bit too much excitement with the .223. A flirting with the .45-70. However this .375 takeover is ridiculous! If I need a rifle for something, where a .22 used to be fine, I find the .375 better. Do proceed with caution.

My .375 is in to my local dealer, I go get it tomorrow!
Skinnersblade
If you need more power mate get it reamed to 375 Weatherby. You can then shoot standard 375s and then reload the new 375 Weatherby cases.
What a,hoot a 2 in one gun.
Cheers mate Bob

Skinner.............I also got started on a gateway 340 WBY. Then it was a 375 that I thought I could just shoot once in a while. Thought I could quit whenever I wanted. But I was wrong. A slippery path lead to buying 416 Rigbys off of AH, picking up 458's at Gun shows and buying .404's outta guys garages. Fortunately got help before I started selling myself to young women in exchange for Gibbs double rifles. I'm in a 12 step program, recovering now. Be cautious.........................FWB

Skinner.............I also got started on a gateway 340 WBY. Then it was a 375 that I thought I could just shoot once in a while. Thought I could quit whenever I wanted. But I was wrong. A slippery path lead to buying 416 Rigbys off of AH, picking up 458's at Gun shows and buying .404's outta guys garages. Fortunately got help before I started selling myself to young women in exchange for Gibbs double rifles. I'm in a 12 step program, recovering now. Be cautious.........................FWB
flatwater bill
How much were the young women paying you mate, could be a possible job in these times. Only problem is with my stunning good looks and physique I would have to beat them off.
Dam just woke up it was a dream my looks are more like a nightmare.
Cheers mate Bob

Bob. Is that .375H&H that can be reamed out? Is this comparable to like an Ai version. Slight velocity loss on standard ammo but option of latger round?

Bob. Is that .375H&H that can be reamed out? Is this comparable to like an Ai version. Slight velocity loss on standard ammo but option of latger round?
CBH
Chris it just turns the 375 H&H into the 375 Weatherby the same is true of the 300 weatherby just the 300 H&H blown out with a double radius venturi shoulder instead of the AI shoulder. Advertising sold the weatherby if Remington or Winchester did the same with the it with the AI shoulder it would have been a different story.
Cheers mate Bob

Glad you’re safe @Skinnersblade. A family friend and her spouse were among the casualties. Shot and then their house burned down on top of them. It is surreal to think that this happened in Nova Scotia. Truly great folks. The lady was a coworker of my sister-in-law at an anti sex trafficking ministry.

I'm very sorry to hear that @WAB , it was a senseless act carried out by a deranged individual. The only consolation I can find is the he's know longer drawing breath.

Please pass my sincerest condolences on to your sister in law , I'm sure she must be very shaken.

Yes, this one hit close to home. They’re in Truro.

Yes, this one hit close to home. They’re in Truro.

That is far to close for comfort.

Father spent 16 weeks renting from an elderly couple in mass town while taking his class 1. And we've been unable to get ahold of the for several days, he generally talk to them every weekend.

I hope they are ok. This is one of the worst I’ve seen. I have no idea what this couple did to be on his target list. If it was the ministry it could just as easily have been our family.

I hope they are ok. This is one of the worst I’ve seen. I have no idea what this couple did to be on his target list. If it was the ministry it could just as easily have been our family.

I think the randomness of it all is the most disturbing, there doesn't seem to be a common thread amongst the victims. Which makes it all the more troublesome.

Got my .375 home today hopefully range tomorrow.

IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0410.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, not on pretty boy’s list is it? Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you