Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, Wild Sheep Foundation, AFGA
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Canada, USA, Russia
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 13.58.45.png

Auckland City District
Auckland Central Police Station, Cnr Cook and Vincent St, Auckland

Firearms Licensing / General Enquiries
P (09) 302 6547
P (09) 302 6534
E aucklandcentral.firearms@police.govt.nz(link sends e-mail)

Permits to Procure / Import / Endorsements
John Gardam (Firearms Licensing Manager)
P (09) 302 6592
F (09) 375 4667
E aucklandcentral.firearms@police.govt.nz(link sends e-mail)

Joe Mills (Arms Officer)
P (09) 302 6410
F (09) 375 4667
E aucklandcentral.firearms@police.govt.nz

Interesting, I am glad I got my "conditional permit" online a month or so ago. I head to Christchurch in about 3 weeks.

Interesting, I am glad I got my "conditional permit" online a month or so ago. I head to Christchurch in about 3 weeks.

You might want to contact someone to make sure they will honor the license you have.

For anyone heading to New Zealand on a hunting trip in the near future, it looks as though the police have temporarily stopped issuing permits. https://www.police.govt.nz/advice/firearms-and-safety/visitors-firearms-licence-and-import-permits
No this is not correct. The new system has been in place for some time now, on-line payment is coming from around late April. The major change is you now have to have a permit to carry ammunition into the country. As we don`t traditionally use military style semi automatic rifles for hunting most will not be affected. I have heard rumours about this including shotguns and standard semi automatic rifles and rim fire, I wouldn't`t be surprised if these are true with the current government but its to early to say and rumours are just that. It`s business as usual just make sure you have a confirmation of your permit, and don`t try and do it at the airport on arrival.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg