Finally got my double gun!

Congrats and great choice.

After waiting years and looking at all the options and asking everyone’s thoughts I’ve bought a new Krieghoff .470. I’ve visited Alamo Sporting Arms in San Antonio and handled their guns at every show for a few years now. They are fitting it to me and putting the see through sights on it and I’ll pick it up when I get home. Lots of fun at the SCI show!
Regards
PhilipView attachment 216064

You’ll enjoy shooting it. Congratulations on a fine rifle.

A fine rifle to complement your 357 Ruger! :whistle:
Yes finally getting around to buying an expensive gun! I do have a proof research .300RUM custom gun but other than that lots of Rugers!
Philip

Congrats. That means it's time to pursue more DG!

Congratulations on your fine double!!
Nothing wrong with owning Rugers though, especially their singles.

Last edited:
Congratulations Phil. When do you plan on taking it to a range. Or do you have one at the ranch? Do you know what ammo it was regulated with? When you get it, how about some close up photos?

Yes, yes, yes . . . congratulations. Then next year you'll need a lighter caliber. Maybe one for bullfrogs or something like that. Don't you see ? This is how they get you addicted.
Save yourself

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes, yes, yes . . . congratulations. Then next year you'll need a lighter caliber. Maybe one for bullfrogs or something like that. Don't you see ? This is how they get you addicted.
Save yourself

But why? What’s so wrong about addictions anyway?

Save yourself

Exactly! Champlain Arms had a scoped double .22 Hornet at DSC that would be just the thing for an inbound wounded opossum or coyote. JJ Perodeau swore it was nearly a MOA rifle.

Yeah the €€€€€€€€€€ are a bit of a problem...

Congratz, I Talked to all the double rifle guys to and they all had some nice rifles.

Congratulations Phil. When do you plan on taking it to a range. Or do you have one at the ranch? Do you know what ammo it was regulated with? When you get it, how about some close up photos?
I’m still in Vegas and will have to plan a time to go to the dealer in San Antonio to finish sizing it and pick it up. Yes I have a shooting range at the ranch. I’ve been working on it for a while now and it’s pretty good. Targets at 100,200,300 and gongs at 300-600, pistol and .22 range as well. I’m blessed to have a fair amount of land to do things like this. You are as excited as I am! Don’t worry I’ll post more soon!
Philip

Congrats! Now a fine bullet pouch, belt ans gun slip and up you go!
Africa is calling.
FRANK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg