Finally got a Highland Stalker!

Beautiful rifle! I love my Rigby Big Game and was looking at a HS at Gordy & Sons in Houston a few weeks ago. Haven't decided to "pull the trigger" on that one yet.
What calibre are you looking at?

The dealer said he will send me a set of hexalock mounts, same as the Mauser ones I believe, I haven't looked into them yet. He said they are medium height and should suit nearly all low powered scopes. Do you know these mounts?
I have them on my Highland Stalker in 275. I have had no issues to date over the last 2 years.

Nice. Congrats.

Nice, glad you got in before the price increase.

I paid $16,800 AUD but as I mentioned that's old pricing, new retail price in Australia is now $19,990AUD
Congrats on the purchase. I had to check out the Rigby website myself. It must have been the London's Best rifle I was thinking of as I thought Right bolt guns were all hovering around 6 figures.

I have them on my Highland Stalker in 275. I have had no issues to date over the last 2 years.
I knew I had seen the hexalock mounts somewhere before, Boddington's review of the Highland Stalker on youtube he is using these mounts, they look really good.

Very nice.... :A Thumbs Up: ...now as all being well this year we will have a visit by our 2nd guest HS rigby in .275 ...I think a courtesy visit by one in 9.3x62 is required....and yes along with the 275 the 9.3x62 is another great calibre :D Beers:

When they first came out, they were running around $9-10k USD. Now they're around $15K USD. I would buy one today at the original price, but just can't quite pull the trigger at today's pricing. They are the nicest looking bolt gun on the market IMO. Just wish they'd do a 375 H&H in the same rifle. It would be perfect.

When they first came out, they were running around $9-10k USD. Now they're around $15K USD. I would buy one today at the original price, but just can't quite pull the trigger at today's pricing. They are the nicest looking bolt gun on the market IMO. Just wish they'd do a 375 H&H in the same rifle. It would be perfect.
Yeah I can't justify one at 20k AUD before upgrades with the new pricing, glad I finally got one and at what I consider a reasonable price. Ended up being 17k AUD even with the hexalock mounts. Also I've spent some time and looked at other brands of scopes-Swarovski, Zeiss etc but couldn't help myself I reverted back to my old faithful Leupold, I just can't go away from Leupold, it's the only brand I use and have never had anything but success with it. I got a VX3-HD 1.5-5 at also a good price to top it off, should be perfect for the ranges I'll be hunting at with this rifle.

Very nice.... :A Thumbs Up: ...now as all being well this year we will have a visit by our 2nd guest HS rigby in .275 ...I think a courtesy visit by one in 9.3x62 is required....and yes along with the 275 the 9.3x62 is another great calibre :D Beers:
I'm considering Africa in 2024, just no idea on where I want go and how to go about it, haven't even started researching yet really. I know what I want to hunt though-buffalo and warthog are the main 2, also maybe eland.

Outstanding in every way! congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.