Finally a big bore owner

It’s crazy! I asked my local to order me a Safari Express after being convinced by some of the gentleman on here with a heck of a lot more experience than me, and the shop said 1 year or more to get one! Crazy times LOL!
That’s the same story I got. November was the date I got 3 months ago. But I’m sure it’s even farther out at this point . That said I highly suggest picking one of these up.

NIce "medium bore". Looking forward to the next post of real "big bore". ;)
I was going to reply that Americans think anything over .338 is a "Big Gun!!!" Except on Africa hunting. John Taylor I believe used the following nomenclature:

up to .318WR / .333Jeff - Small bore
.318WR - .400 - Medium bore
.400-.450NE - Medium Large Bore
.450NE - 500J/.550NE/.505 Gibbs - Large Bore
Bigger than Those - Super Bores (namely the .577NE and the .600NE)

That is a very nice .375! My first was a winchester also and it was a tack driver. My current is a .375 Ruger because I wanted something I could put in a horse scabbard and not worry about the beautiful walnut and blued steel. It acts as my one-size-fits-all hunting rifle and the Ruger M77 Guide gun in .375 is it for me.

But being a member of Africahunting.com ...bigger guns are a'comin'! I had a .416 but that was too puny so now I am in the middle of a .458 Winchester project... I am sure eventually someone on here will goad me into buying or building an 8 bore or something of the ilk

Congratulations! .375 the best gun to get started in the safari rifle arena and it is a classic to boot!

Nice! But a .375 is a “mid bore”. Plenty good for Whitetail though. Ha! Ha! Ha!
Yeah yeah....don't listen to this guy. He is impressed by a .338 Win Mag. Hahaha Everyone will always tell you the .375 is a medium bore. It's not. It is a big bore rifle. They're just looking to kick sand so they can tell you about their bigger rifle with a supposedly more impressive number stamped on it.
I was going to reply that Americans think anything over .338 is a "Big Gun!!!" Except on Africa hunting. John Taylor I believe used the following nomenclature:

up to .318WR / .333Jeff - Small bore
.318WR - .400 - Medium bore
.400-.450NE - Medium Large Bore
.450NE - 500J/.550NE/.505 Gibbs - Large Bore
Bigger than Those - Super Bores (namely the .577NE and the .600NE)

That is a very nice .375! My first was a winchester also and it was a tack driver. My current is a .375 Ruger because I wanted something I could put in a horse scabbard and not worry about the beautiful walnut and blued steel. It acts as my one-size-fits-all hunting rifle and the Ruger M77 Guide gun in .375 is it for me.

But being a member of Africahunting.com ...bigger guns are a'comin'! I had a .416 but that was too puny so now I am in the middle of a .458 Winchester project... I am sure eventually someone on here will goad me into buying or building an 8 bore or something of the ilk

Congratulations! .375 the best gun to get started in the safari rifle arena and it is a classic to boot!
Americans are obsessed with little tiny rifles according to the parts of the world that need licenses and permits to own such things. Haha.

Excellent choice on the Safari Express. I love mine. It shoots PPU cheap ammunition very well and my handloads even better. The problem I have with mine is that it gets me excited and I shoot it dry very quickly. Not a lot of recoil to write home about, but it will make a glorious noise for you.

Enjoy your rifle and don't rush in getting something bigger than you need. The .375 is powerful and ballistically very interesting. You can have a lot of fun building loads for it and shooting it out to great distance.

Yeah yeah....don't listen to this guy. He is impressed by a .338 Win Mag. Hahaha Everyone will always tell you the .375 is a medium bore. It's not. It is a big bore rifle. They're just looking to kick sand so they can tell you about their bigger rifle with a supposedly more impressive number stamped on it.

Americans are obsessed with little tiny rifles according to the parts of the world that need licenses and permits to own such things. Haha.

Excellent choice on the Safari Express. I love mine. It shoots PPU cheap ammunition very well and my handloads even better. The problem I have with mine is that it gets me excited and I shoot it dry very quickly. Not a lot of recoil to write home about, but it will make a glorious noise for you.

Enjoy your rifle and don't rush in getting something bigger than you need. The .375 is powerful and ballistically very interesting. You can have a lot of fun building loads for it and shooting it out to great distance.
Forrest,
I'm still looking for that Lee Loader Kit for you, but no luck yet. I'm SURE one of the "reloading Hoarders" on here have one buried in their reloading room somewhere that they haven't seen in ten years. You just have to figure a way to light a fire under their a** to go and look for it. Maybe a reward? A free bottle of Bundy if they find one? Ha! Ha! Ha!
CEH

Forrest,
I'm still looking for that Lee Loader Kit for you, but no luck yet. I'm SURE one of the "reloading Hoarders" on here have one buried in their reloading room somewhere that they haven't seen in ten years. You just have to figure a way to light a fire under their a** to go and look for it. Maybe a reward? A free bottle of Bundy if they find one? Ha! Ha! Ha!
CEH
That's so kind of you! I'm definitely interested in one. I actually use those darned things. Shocking thought I know.
A bottle of Bundy!?! Haha you just had to pull Townsend Nelson into this! Lord only knows what that three way trade would cost me. Proof of whelen ownership or even worse! Haha

The .375 Lee loader kit would go perfectly with my old #1. To be discovered someday maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,