AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zimbabwe, USA- IL, WY, CO, NH, ME, Canada
I’ve been researching and reading for months now and I finally scored a rifle. When searching I narrowed what I wanted down to a Winchester model 70 safari express in .375. Unfortunately I couldn’t found anything local or even online, and if they were available, they had heavy prices to match. Well while on a business trip I decided to take a bit of a drive to the Hamburg PA cabales (the largest store I know of) . I dropped into the gun library and within minutes I found a like new unfired model 70 safari express in 375 and for a good price too. I couldn’t believe it. The rifle is made in Utah (I believe this is an FN made rifle) and appears flawless. Everyone on the forum was a big help when rifle shopping, but I’d like to send out an extra thanks to @375Fox. He’s gone above and beyond what a forum member could do when lending a hand, and not just with firearm advice but the entire African experience.
I love this forum.

EA01FB21-7F1D-485E-96C3-CD218CE80BBB.jpeg
C52CF9D3-6D53-40F6-AC89-3F894F98F9CC.jpeg

Last edited:
South Carolina gun. Nice score. Congrats and welcome to the club.

Congrats, but beware soon the cravings will start and you will be thinking of buying a larger rifle. It’s a slippery slope. Just go look at the big bore addiction group.

Congrats, but beware soon the cravings will start and you will be thinking of buying a larger rifle. It’s a slippery slope. Just go look at the big bore addiction group.
Yep, it'll never end! I started with a .375 and eventually you think that the recoil is fairly mild, so must be good for deer/elk. Then I bought a .458WM and the recoil wasn't much more than the .375, which was about like my .338WM. Then I bought a Lott. Well, the recoil wasn't much more than the .458WM. But, I have stopped FOR NOW. Thank God for the current inflated rifle prices! But, you have a long way to go! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Last edited:
I’ve been researching and reading for months now and I finally scored a rifle. When searching I narrowed what I wanted down to a Winchester model 70 safari express in .375. Unfortunately I couldn’t found anything local or even online, and if they were available, they had heavy prices to match. Well while on a business trip I decided to take a bit of a drive to the Hamburg PA cabales (the largest store I know of) . I dropped into the gun library and within minutes I found a like new unfired model 70 safari express in 375 and for a good price too. I couldn’t believe it. The rifle is made in Utah (I believe this is an FN made rifle) and appears flawless. Everyone on the forum was a big help when rifle shopping, but I’d like to send out an extra thanks to @375Fox. He’s gone above and beyond what a forum member could do when lending a hand, and not just with firearm advice but the entire African experience.
I love this forum.

View attachment 421114View attachment 421115

Based on your fine choice of rifle, obviously you’re a scholar and a gentleman, damn few of us left anymore!

If you’re a reloader, PM me for a few loads.

Enjoy the fine rifle!

You got yourself a nice rifle.

You are now the proud owner of the King of Rifles. Welcome to our clan.

Congrats! And we’ll chosen on the calibre (true royalty!) and the rifle!

Very nice! Congratulations!

Congratulations on your "find." The last time I went to my local Cabela's the Gun Library was locked down tighter than a drum. Have fun with your new toy and please post your range results.

Ha. I’ll consider anything bigger then a 338 lm a big bore
Welcome to the "mid-bore" club with a very nice rifle. Technically, the big bores start at .400 caliber and go up from there, but you are close.

You have taken your first sip of the intoxicating firearm nectar that will become a full blown big-bore addiction. After a couple of 375's, you will be itching for a .400 caliber. That's when the REAL enablers come out. ;) Until then, enjoy and report back how it shoots.

A guy once asked why I bought a 500 NE, Are you going to Africa?
When I mentioned guys buying 5.0 mustangs without a reason for that much car he got a grin on his face. Yep, we find reasons to own lots of stuff just because we want one. Sometimes we even book a hunt so we have a reason to buy another one or two more guns. And nobody goes to Africa without wanting to go back. Ah well, such is life.
Sometimes we read someone else's story and think to our self,' been there done that!' But sometimes a story gives us a nudge to do it too.
Life is too short to put it all off for a day that may never come.

So it begins!! @revturbo9967 you will be looking at bigger before you know it. Welcome to the fold

It’s crazy! I asked my local to order me a Safari Express after being convinced by some of the gentleman on here with a heck of a lot more experience than me, and the shop said 1 year or more to get one! Crazy times LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross