FEMALE Specific hunting clothes and other gear

My wife wore 5.11 cotton pants and she confiscated one of my Chocolate Chips camo pants from Desert Shield and love them. The 5.11 did very well and the cotton material was good for the chilly mornings.

My wife has bought some women's Under Armor camo. Prices have been reasonable. They're the only company that I know of that has a line of camo designed and manufactured exclusively for women. I use SKRE gear, but I haven't seen anything in their lineup for women.

My daughter has been well served by the PROIS line of clothing. It was up to the rigors of Rocky Mountain Bighorn hunting and did well in Africa also. No real issues with thorns. She also uses Kenetrek boots.

Tweeds look great on a lady, especially in the field, and this lady knows how to shoot.
271262EE-0DBD-4225-8F09-1AD05A5FD617.jpeg

Gina,
The Golden Wildebeest loin cloths that @tarbe and I wore in Zim are quite unisex, very unrestrictive and quite fashionable. Only downside was on breezy mornings and no pockets. Don’t yell at me for this!

My wife and I bought our hunting gear for our Africa trip from Boyt Harness. We found their outfits very well made and full of convenient pockets. She'll either wear that or just jeans and a USGI M65 style parka for hunting.
REF: https://www.boytharness.com/product-tag/hunting-clothing/

Gina,
The Golden Wildebeest loin cloths that @tarbe and I wore in Zim are quite unisex, very unrestrictive and quite fashionable. Only downside was on breezy mornings and no pockets. Don’t yell at me for this!
We need pictures

My wife loves the traditional hunting clothes for everyday wear. They are usually a much higher quality than what she can find in the typical women's clothing stores. Dubarry, Barbour, some Scottish clothing lines, etc.

Btw @Kevin Peacocke : if I remember correctly you will be going to Scotland this year with all your ladies. I would strongly suggest (if possible of course) to spend a day in "The House of Bruar" in Blair Atholl. They (and you) will absolutely love that place. You might need to increase your credit card limit however.
The discount barn at the back is the place to go!

Only place I have ever seen lobster in a fish and chip shop.

If you want a proper Scottish meal, the Ballinluig cafe about 5 miles north is very good, proper greasy Scottish food. I was sat in there once eating Lorne sausage when a pipe band came in wearing thier full outfits, the most Scottish experience possible!

Not wishing to derail this any further, but if you are in the area in the summer, it is well worth watching a shinty match. Like hockey played at head height.

Only fault with the House of Bruar is the sizing, they seem to focus on the larger sizes.

My three daughters like the fit of the She Safari line...it has been durable so far 18 months in hunting in South Carolina.

My wife and two daughters all prefer something different but they are totally different in size and shape. My wife used to wear kuiu but they don’t make a size for her anymore. She says Prois was the best fitting but has the ugliest camo pattern. She also found some women’s clothes at Duluth trading That she loves. Elle is tiny and likes kuiu-kuiu tends to be sized for “athletic fit.” Scout likes browning hells canyon and she wears hers more often and harder than the other girls. I guess try them all and see what feels best to you.

Wow. Seriously?!??

Unless your profile is a lie, one would *think* that a nearly 70 year old minister would know better than to make such a comment.

The title of this thread is quite self explanatory. If you have nothing helpful to contribute but instead only offer sarcasm and rude comments, kindly stay OFF this thread.

Thanks!
Just innocent fun--should have posted it over on "on a lighter note". BTW, my wife WOULD kill me, but she got used to my nonsense a long time ago--basically try to be so outrageous it is funny. Does take a little getting used to...my apologies to any who take me seriously most times.

Perhaps Mr. Steve White was simply inartful in his statement? I'm just playing devil's advocate; perhaps he'd like to elaborate. I am sure he has a wife, daughter, mother, or niece who he would like to introduce to hunting or who is into hunting and has something to contribute through him.
nothing really redeemable--just being outrageous. I forgot most of my acquaintances are used to me...and they always say they are praying for my wife...

Are you married? If you are, you must be very liberal with your wife's free time! To think that she can sew her own hunting clothes.

My wife just doesn't have the time! I keep that big iron ball that is chained to her leg in the kitchen most of the time. I let enough slack out on the chain two days per week so she can get into the laundry room. And every Saturday I actually turn her loose so she can scrub floors and vacuum the whole house. If she been a really great wife the prior week, I'll sometimes let her do dusting on Mondays and then as a special treat, she gets to wash windows every few months;)

Of course other than for hunting trips, all she requires for clothes is a gunny sack with holes for her head and arms.

Totally ridiculous of you to think she has time to sew her own hunting clothes.... yeesh!
Now see, you sound exactly like ME. or at least I would like to come across that way...I should have known how to post one of those stir the pot emojees. Tho there was a nagging little voice telling me I may have gone too far, but then you should see the birthday cards I choose...

Now, to actually join this thread: I would LOVE to deck my wife out in some really high class loden garments, but she won't have it--as soon as she knows how much I am willing to spend, she wants to take the "mad money" I have saved and spend it on something else. She is petite, and hard to fit, so I can't just surprise her either. What to do?

Now, to actually join this thread: I would LOVE to deck my wife out in some really high class loden garments, but she won't have it--as soon as she knows how much I am willing to spend, she wants to take the "mad money" I have saved and spend it on something else. She is petite, and hard to fit, so I can't just surprise her either. What to do?
Hey Steve, you could always just buy her a new sewing machine and a bolt of camo;)

Hey Steve, you could always just buy her a new sewing machine and a bolt of camo;)
funny is for funny, but I don't have a death wish...

Reactions: RTG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois