AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunted
Romania, Uk, France, Spain
Fallow deer hunting in Romania

In West of Romania, you will find a fallow buck hunter’s paradise, that must be seen to be believed. Fallow deer hunting in Romania is a must for every hunter.
  • The season for fallow deer hunting in Romania starts 1th of September and runs 15th of December.
  • Spot and Stalk hunting.
  • 100% success rate for your desire trophy.
  • Great trophy quality for fallow bucks.
  • You can combo with red stag, brown bear, roe buck, wild boar and chamois hunting.
full

Fallow deer hunting in Romania
We can offer fallow deer hunting in Romania in 2 different hunting areas, both in West of Romania. First area is a real hunter’s paradise with a huge number of bucks, some over 5 kilos and some even bigger. Large herds over few hundreds animals will be found here. It is a very challenging hunt with so many eyes on the watch. Long distance shots for fallow buck hunting are required here, especially if you target a big trophy buck. As most of the deer hunt, also for fallow deer hunting we have 2 episodes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Best time is during the rut around 10 October, the latest rut from the deer family.

Second area is not for trophy collectors, but for those who appreciate more the experience of the hunt rather than size of the trophy on the wall. Although the average buck here is around 3 kilos, the luckiest hunters can expect even 4 kilos buks. We offer for this area an all inclusive package with a buck regardless of size for only 2000 euro and 3 hunting days with 4 nights single room accommodation during the rut time.

That is a wonderful looking Fallow Buck. I'll have to check y'all out.

Hi George,
I'm going to make a suggestion or two for you. You may like the ideas and use them or not. A larger proportion of the hunters on this forum are from North America or Africa. There is a significant expense to get to your hunting area. I for one probably won't make that trip for a 3 day hunt for 1 animal. Now a 5-7 day hunt for 3-4 species might be more interesting. So what else can be hunted for how much?
On the first area you make the comment that long distance shots are required. What to you is long distance? I live and hunt in the western US. Long to me is over 300 meters or so. A little more info there would be helpful.
So if long distance shots are the norm here the next bit of required info is what has to be done to bring our own firearm? I have used outfitters rifles before and generally the triggers leave a bit to be desired, especially for long range shooting.
Next you have no prices shown for the first area. Again we're mostly North Americans or Africans. Most of us have never hunted where we have to pay by weight of the trophy, unless its elephant ivory. So simpler is better. Maybe some good quality pics and then a price for the example shown would help us visualize. We're used to daily fees plus a fee for each animal taken or a package that is all inclusive. You'll get more interest when you address some of these questions better. I wish you success in your business and may your hunters shoot straight.
Bruce

I can understand your frustration. Since I happened to be born and raised in Europe, where I got a go on hunting + hunted both US and Canada, I'll try to clear some air. Hunting in Europe is based on DOMINAL system, as opposed to REGAL system in US and Canada. There are no outfitters, licences, tags etc. in Europe. Instead you are Hunting concession's CLIENT, who pays for what he bought/shot, like as you pay a cashier at Supermarket's checkout.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand your frustration. Since I happened to be born and raised in Europe, where I got a go on hunting + hunted both US and Canada, I'll try to clear some air. Hunting in Europe is based on DOMINAL system, as opposed to REGAL system in US and Canada. There are no outfitters, licences, tags etc. in Europe. Instead you are Hunting concession's CLIENT, who pays for what he bought/shot, like as you pay a cashier at Supermarket's checkout.
I’ve never heard of Dominal v Regal systems. Would you mind explaining?

I'll try. In good, old, medieval Europe, all the game belonged to a King, so hunting was operated under so-called REGAL SYSTEM. So, King and his kinsmen, his buddies etc. were hunting King's game.
What if YOU wanted to hunt ? Well, you had to be an OUTLAW, like Robin Hood. Then, French Revolution happened. The King was beheaded.
So who owns the game now ? Whoever owns the land. Fine .... within months there was no game left. So big landowners started to stock game on their BIG ESTATES, but the game would cross on small properties around, and be wiped out by small landowners. That wasn't nice, so a DOMINAL system was introduced : All land suited for hunting was divided into HUNTING LEASES, which were leased out to the highest bidder. One particular hunting lease can overlap with thousands of small land holdings, but landowners have no right to interfere in hunting. The landowner can only sue HUNTING LEASE holder for damages. So, the idea is that land ownership and hunting right was separated.
O.K., so who is managing wildlife populations and all that ? The answer to that varies from Country to Country, from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but the bottom line is that there is a Supervisory Body that decides quantity and quality of game each particular hunting lease can harvest thru the year. Some people call it QUOTA.
So what if you own a few hundred acres of prime deer habitat and want to hunt deer there, that is on YOUR OWN LAND ? Well, you better talk to the LEASE HOLDER first, or you'll be charged with poaching.

Now, British Empire conquered North America, so all the game there belonged to British Monarch, but he/she is far apart and doesn't really hunt
there, but the Monarch will let you hunt HIS GAME IN BRITISH NORTH AMERICA, if you pay a FEE, something like a Hunting licence, trapping
licence etc.

Of course, both Dominal and Regal systems went through modifications and improvements, adjustments etc. with the time, but the base idea is that under Dominal system, hunting right and game management is consolidated over a wide area in one particular Hunting lease, while under Regal system, there is some room left. You can buy OTC tag, you can go for a draw, you can collect preference points, you can bid for a Governor's permit. You can hunt on a private land ( with landowner's permit, of course ), you can hunt on Public land etc.

In reality, Hunting Leases under Dominal system are managed as Business, and the consequence is that LEASE HOLDER will charge what he feels is appropriate. So, trophy hunters are charged for antlers relative to their size etc. Under Regal system, there are no trophy fees .... the King doesn't care how you did, as long as you are LICENSED.

Hope this cleared some air. Oh, before I forget, most Hunting leases under Dominal system have full time professional staff ( gamekeepers etc. ), or to put it differently, they run quite an overhead, and that's why hunting in Europe is pricey.

Outstanding information @Reid . Thanks for the history behind the two systems.

I'll try. In good, old, medieval Europe, all the game belonged to a King, so hunting was operated under so-called REGAL SYSTEM. So, King and his kinsmen, his buddies etc. were hunting King's game.
What if YOU wanted to hunt ? Well, you had to be an OUTLAW, like Robin Hood. Then, French Revolution happened. The King was beheaded.
So who owns the game now ? Whoever owns the land. Fine .... within months there was no game left. So big landowners started to stock game on their BIG ESTATES, but the game would cross on small properties around, and be wiped out by small landowners. That wasn't nice, so a DOMINAL system was introduced : All land suited for hunting was divided into HUNTING LEASES, which were leased out to the highest bidder. One particular hunting lease can overlap with thousands of small land holdings, but landowners have no right to interfere in hunting. The landowner can only sue HUNTING LEASE holder for damages. So, the idea is that land ownership and hunting right was separated.
O.K., so who is managing wildlife populations and all that ? The answer to that varies from Country to Country, from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but the bottom line is that there is a Supervisory Body that decides quantity and quality of game each particular hunting lease can harvest thru the year. Some people call it QUOTA.
So what if you own a few hundred acres of prime deer habitat and want to hunt deer there, that is on YOUR OWN LAND ? Well, you better talk to the LEASE HOLDER first, or you'll be charged with poaching.

Now, British Empire conquered North America, so all the game there belonged to British Monarch, but he/she is far apart and doesn't really hunt
there, but the Monarch will let you hunt HIS GAME IN BRITISH NORTH AMERICA, if you pay a FEE, something like a Hunting licence, trapping
licence etc.

Of course, both Dominal and Regal systems went through modifications and improvements, adjustments etc. with the time, but the base idea is that under Dominal system, hunting right and game management is consolidated over a wide area in one particular Hunting lease, while under Regal system, there is some room left. You can buy OTC tag, you can go for a draw, you can collect preference points, you can bid for a Governor's permit. You can hunt on a private land ( with landowner's permit, of course ), you can hunt on Public land etc.

In reality, Hunting Leases under Dominal system are managed as Business, and the consequence is that LEASE HOLDER will charge what he feels is appropriate. So, trophy hunters are charged for antlers relative to their size etc. Under Regal system, there are no trophy fees .... the King doesn't care how you did, as long as you are LICENSED.

Hope this cleared some air. Oh, before I forget, most Hunting leases under Dominal system have full time professional staff ( gamekeepers etc. ), or to put it differently, they run quite an overhead, and that's why hunting in Europe is pricey.

A good explanation. I would just say that in the UK, as a landowner you have the rights over the land to hunt and shoot whatever is on it, so long as it is legal quarry and within season. The rights can be sold or leased out though. So, we do differ to the rest of Europe. It comes with its positives and negatives - as a land owner you decide how you manage the animals on your land and can shoot every last one if you wish. This gives you a great scope for management but also abuse.

Tremendous explanation, and thanks.

licence etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois