Factory 404 Jeffery ammo

Nomsag

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 9, 2020
Messages
108
Reaction score
554
Media
20
Hunting reports
Africa
3
With the shortage of ammo still lingering, do y’all think 404 Jeffery will ever be commercially made anymore?
 
It's actually getting a bit easier I think as 404 Jeff is the parent for some of the newer generation of short, fat magnums.

.423 bullets seem to be being made by more people as well...
 
I have a box of 450g Norma FMG available
 
With the shortage of ammo still lingering, do y’all think 404 Jeffery will ever be commercially made anymore?

Rifles or ammunition?...ammunition my gun shop got Norma and LFB 404 in stock...bought some 3 weeks ago to have a check of my iron sights out on my 404...but think that shop is a bit far from you :E Big Grin:
 
I don't think a .404J will go out of favor again during my lifetime.
 
Sako are making 500 jeff now...just bought a 10 rnd pack to try...Will have look on their website and see if they doing 404 as well..nope unfortunately

Screenshot_20211112-190858_Drive.jpg
 
Last edited:
There is six boxes of Hornady .404 J for sale on Gunbroker for $600. That is about the going price of Hornady .404 ammo before the big gun/ammo price crisis created by the covid pandemic.
 
There is six boxes of Hornady .404 J for sale on Gunbroker for $600. That is about the going price of Hornady .404 ammo before the big gun/ammo price crisis created by the covid pandemic.
How do you know if it is bonded, or the old dgx that had a bad reputation?
 
I don't know. You can contact the owner or just go by what @ay2626 stated and showed in the above post.
 
You can order it from Hendershots And get them for around $150.00 a box.
 
Double Tap, Hornady, Norma, Swift, and, I think, RWS make .404J ammo. The Double Tap ammo that I have uses Norma brass.

I have 100 Norma cases, 80 RWS cases and a friend recently sent me 100 once fired Hornady cases. Now, if I could just get some Swift A-Frame 400s...
 
I was in Marksmen Gunshop in Wichita Falls TX a few days ago. They had 10-12 boxes of Hornady 404J ammo for sale. If I recall, it was $130 box.
 
It's actually getting a bit easier I think as 404 Jeff is the parent for some of the newer generation of short, fat magnums.

.423 bullets seem to be being made by more people as well...
Lots of claims about short magnums having been based off the 404 Jeffrey. If you look at the dimensions of 404 and short magnums, one may wonder why they do that. The two case’s aren’t even close-lol. 404 will continue to be made. I’m not sure I get the concern that a cartridge will be discontinued because of a shortage-lol. The internet-go figure.
 
Lots of claims about short magnums having been based off the 404 Jeffrey. If you look at the dimensions of 404 and short magnums, one may wonder why they do that. The two case’s aren’t even close-lol. Falsities on the internet- go figure.
Interesting!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,489
Members
169,362
Latest member
MarleneHed
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top