Extra Elephant Hunting Quota Available Zimbabwe 2018

I saw 12 Elephant's in 10 days. Day 4 or 5 we saw Two and one was a shooter(no shot) then 2 at night no shooter and then 5 the last day with one shooter.Thick brush no shot. We hunted 18 hours a lot of the time.

So it looks like your hunt is over?.. I m coming in late on this thread...No elephant ?

Sorry to hear that.

I saw 12 Elephant's in 10 days. Day 4 or 5 we saw Two and one was a shooter(no shot) then 2 at night no shooter and then 5 the last day with one shooter.Thick brush no shot. We hunted 18 hours a lot of the time.

Well, you put in the effort.

Hi Slider it certainly is a hard hunt at times and can be very rewarding when one does take a bull , very rewarding for sure . Sometimes it can happen on the first day or last day and unfortunately it may not come together and for that I am sorry you did not get a bull . Kind regards Wayne

Hi Slider it certainly is a hard hunt at times and can be very rewarding when one does take a bull , very rewarding for sure . Sometimes it can happen on the first day or last day and unfortunately it may not come together and for that I am sorry you did not get a bull . Kind regards Wayne

That's why they call it hunting and not shooting hey!
If I ever get to Africa I hope it's a tough hunt, can't go much for the shopping list type stuff.

I know this stings now.

I am pretty sure that over time, the difference between a tough hunt with an Elephant down, and a tough hunt with no Elephant down will shrink and shrink and shrink.

You did everything but pull the trigger. You've tracked and chased the Elephant in his home turf.

I am envious (in a good way).

Tim

Nothing beats elephant hunting...it is a disease..

The fella on the first pic in this thread is a norwegian who shot the ele at night...he was ecstatic about it....Wayne, you have a sterling reputation..

If any of you get the opportunity to shoot them at night, do it...its an experience you will never forget...if you never felt the adrenaline rushing...:whistle:

Slider, you hunted hard, you will nail a bull next time....

With no Crops (they were already harvested) in the Area there is NO REASON for an Elephant to be there.

With no Crops (they were already harvested) in the Area there is NO REASON for an Elephant to be there.

Sound likes a hard hunt, would you care to explain some to the additional details? What could have done differently better or worse?

Just had a call from the same PH that guided Slider and it’s good news my client from Spain just shot his Bull 1hour ago in very thick stuff , it has crossed into the next door neighbor area but we have permission to follow and I’ll know more tomorrow at some point ... folks I can’t guarantee a Elephant to every hunter even though some years everyone does get a bull some years it just doesn’t happen unfortunately but we do try very hard to succeed.... please if you want to see lots of bulls every day and want a 50Lb Bull I can arrange for that just not in my areas that I hunt exclusively but in other areas and at 3 - 5 times more $$ than what I am currently offering... what I offer is a mature bull regardless if it’s 30lb or 60lb and I hunt both day and night to maximize chances as I hunt in campfire areas as well as RDC areas and the movement of Elephant can vary season to season depending on rain and or lack of rain ... thank you to the hunters that understand and continue to support... Wayne

Last edited:
The first 5 Elephant we saw were on private property. I personally paid an additional 50 dollars for gas to return there as it was the the only place we had seen an Elephant for the first half off the hunt. The 5 on the last day were pushed out of an adjoining Forestry block maybe because they were being hunted there.

The first 5 Elephant we saw were on private property. I personally paid an additional 50 dollars for gas to return there as it was the the only place we had seen an Elephant for the first half off the hunt. The 5 on the last day were pushed out of an adjoining Forestry block maybe because they were being hunted there.
Appreciate the info, we were all rooting for you as well as a good story and pics afterwards!

You paid additional money for gas? Geez that doesn't seem right IMO. But I know talking to other members here Wayne has a great reputation. I personally will book with him when the time comes. Hunting is hunting I hunted very hard for leopard several years ago without success. I m planning round two on Mr. Spots maybe you can hunt elephant again with better results.

You paid additional money for gas? Geez that doesn't seem right IMO. But I know talking to other members here Wayne has a great reputation. I personally will book with him when the time comes. Hunting is hunting I hunted very hard for leopard several years ago without success. I m planning round two on Mr. Spots maybe you can hunt elephant again with better results.
When you are hunting with a freelance P.H. he is responsible for the vehicle and gas and tracker. if he has to drive an hour or two looking around most times it comes out of his pocket from his fixed daily income, and some extra gas money is helpful. Better to help with fuel than sit in camp.

When you are hunting with a freelance P.H. he is responsible for the vehicle and gas and tracker. if he has to drive an hour or two looking around most times it comes out of his pocket from his fixed daily income, and some extra gas money is helpful. Better to help with fuel than sit in camp.
Yes agreed. I would do the same. Thank you for the clarification.

Leopard Hunting is a different animal all together. In my opinion a Leopard is the hardest of the Big 5 to get. Some people go 3 time's. Elephant just once. I already have another Elephant hunt in the works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg