Exporting a Leopard and Elephant into U.S.

Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Please forgive my “brick in the head” question...I am getting lost in red tape so much that my head hurts...can a person export a leopard and/or an elephant into the U.S. please? Thanks!

My last attempted phone call about this subject was a last year, ( U.S.Fish & wildlife service) Elephant not a chance. Leopard was still doable.
I am sure that their are others with more updated knowledge than I have about this.
Best of luck with your endeavor.

You can import leopard if exporting country is compliant with CITIES. You should discuss with your PH re wether or not an export permit will be issued. Should cross reference export country with list of CITIES compliant and approved countries. Just got my leopard imported from Namibia.

I hunted Namibia last September and was successful on my leopard. The only issues I had were due to Covid and the shut down which caused delays. The leopard arrived June 19 with no other issues. As autofire outlined make sure your country you hunt in is compliant with CITIES. You could also contact your importer to make sure they are not having issues in the country you decide to hunt as far as exporting.

Best of luck on your hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.