Exporting a Leopard and Elephant into U.S.

Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
7,772
Reaction score
20,839
Location
Atlanta GA
Media
42
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Please forgive my “brick in the head” question...I am getting lost in red tape so much that my head hurts...can a person export a leopard and/or an elephant into the U.S. please? Thanks!
 
My last attempted phone call about this subject was a last year, ( U.S.Fish & wildlife service) Elephant not a chance. Leopard was still doable.
I am sure that their are others with more updated knowledge than I have about this.
Best of luck with your endeavor.
 
You can import leopard if exporting country is compliant with CITIES. You should discuss with your PH re wether or not an export permit will be issued. Should cross reference export country with list of CITIES compliant and approved countries. Just got my leopard imported from Namibia.
 
I hunted Namibia last September and was successful on my leopard. The only issues I had were due to Covid and the shut down which caused delays. The leopard arrived June 19 with no other issues. As autofire outlined make sure your country you hunt in is compliant with CITIES. You could also contact your importer to make sure they are not having issues in the country you decide to hunt as far as exporting.

Best of luck on your hunt!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,347
Messages
1,573,642
Members
169,780
Latest member
Isidro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top