Explora/Paradox

What made his slugs more accurate than a round ball was their weight forward design. Most American slug designs patterned themselves after the original "rifled" concept, though most were not weight forward designs and hence, were not typically as accurate as Brenneke's with their attached felt wad.

.

I have used Brenneke slugs in my cape guns and and regular pump and double shotguns for years. They have proven to be the most accurate slugs I have found.

I have a little H. Berrella cape gun chambered for 16 ga on the left barrel, and 8X57JR on the right barrel. The rifle barrel prints my hand loads right on the point of aim at 100 yds, and a Brenneke classic slug prints right beside the rifle at the same range. The Brennekes are getting hard to find lately for the 16 ga so I have to hoard them and use sparingly. I need to find a source and buy a couple of cases of the 16 ga Brennekes, I also have a 20 ga and 58 Carbine cape gun made by V. Haffner that is a black powder Damascus barreled gun that requires re-loading the 20 ga Breneke ammo with black powder but even with that trouble that cape gun is a fun gun to hunt deer with in the deep woods of east Texas.

I've never owned a Paradox but would love to have one.

.................................................Fun! Mac(y)
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,383
Messages
1,574,704
Members
170,141
Latest member
LonnaThrel
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top