Explora/Paradox

What made his slugs more accurate than a round ball was their weight forward design. Most American slug designs patterned themselves after the original "rifled" concept, though most were not weight forward designs and hence, were not typically as accurate as Brenneke's with their attached felt wad.

I have used Brenneke slugs in my cape guns and and regular pump and double shotguns for years. They have proven to be the most accurate slugs I have found.

I have a little H. Berrella cape gun chambered for 16 ga on the left barrel, and 8X57JR on the right barrel. The rifle barrel prints my hand loads right on the point of aim at 100 yds, and a Brenneke classic slug prints right beside the rifle at the same range. The Brennekes are getting hard to find lately for the 16 ga so I have to hoard them and use sparingly. I need to find a source and buy a couple of cases of the 16 ga Brennekes, I also have a 20 ga and 58 Carbine cape gun made by V. Haffner that is a black powder Damascus barreled gun that requires re-loading the 20 ga Breneke ammo with black powder but even with that trouble that cape gun is a fun gun to hunt deer with in the deep woods of east Texas.

I've never owned a Paradox but would love to have one.

.................................................Fun! Mac(y)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!