Everything I hate about plastic guns in one picture

Love how the media and the rest of the world try and compare the U.S. with other countries. We are the most free nation on earth and in history and we like it that way. The rest of the world can go and **** themselves. We don't want to be like them.

Glock 17 handgun. About as plastic as it gets. But it is a very specific design for a very specific purpose. Zero warmth or nostalgia even though it has provided 1000s of rounds of 100% reliable use.
Glock.JPG

Original M1841 "Mississippi" rifle. About as un-plastic as it gets. IMO, one of the finest US issue percussion muzzleloader arms ever made. Of all the guns I own and shoot, probably my favorite.
M1841 Mississippi copy.png

Last edited:
The rest of the world can throw away their guns and wait for the next Holocaust. We're keeping ours and so is Autumn Fry

a-stirring.gif

We all know how RH feels on the subject and yes he was Half joking, but KP’s post bothered me the most and some even attacked our family’s. Way below what I expect on here. Maybe it’s my fault for expecting more from the group.

I just turned 40 ..... And most of my firearms and vehicles are older than I am ... Some of them double my age ,,, wait yep I even have a few made back in the 20's of the last century so maybe I'm biased as well to things that can be maintained and of true craftsmanship and I believe plastic may be the downfall of human society all together

We all know how RH feels on the subject and yes he was Half joking, but KP’s post bothered me the most and some even attacked our family’s. Way below what I expect on here. Maybe it’s my fault for expecting more from the group.

I didn't see anything attacking a person or their family? This thread was wrought with hyperbole and sarcasm about an inanimate object. A thread dealing with what perhaps is an unholy object, forged in a furnace presided over by devils, and molten in both the tears of fallen angels and petrochemical glop.

In addition, a bit of biting social commentary on "kids these days". There are remarkable people of all ages and age groups so I don't think anyone was attacking an individual and his/her family. But make no mistake about it, and please get over it if this hurts your feelings, GenY and GenZ are the most troubled generations in modern history by objective measures. If that is offensive on a personal level, overcome that by being better than the stereotypes that mark a generation.

GenX has its big flaws of character too, namely whining that our Boomer parents weren't around enough and woe-is-me guilt-based parenting as we overindulge our little brats to compensate.

Boomers have a generational flaw too, tremendous guilt and self-flagellation that they will never work nor save hard enough to match the sacrifice and hardship of their parents in the Silent (greatest) generation. A generation that never stopped to smell the roses and spent life trying to figure out how to work 8 days a week (for sport) and walk to school uphill in the snow both ways.

Stereotypes are just that, typical characteristics of collective pools of people by some stratification. Everyone has the right to go against a stereotype. Outliers. I generally like every outlier I meet as long as they aren't forcing their will on me at the end of a gun or a law.

I didn't see anything attacking a person or their family? This thread was wrought with hyperbole and sarcasm about an inanimate object. A thread dealing with what perhaps is an unholy object, forged in a furnace presided over by devils, and molten in both the tears of fallen angels and petrochemical glop.

In addition, a bit of biting social commentary on "kids these days". There are remarkable people of all ages and age groups so I don't think anyone was attacking an individual and his/her family. But make no mistake about it, and please get over it if this hurts your feelings, GenY and GenZ are the most troubled generations in modern history by objective measures. If that is offensive on a personal level, overcome that by being better than the stereotypes that mark a generation.

GenX has its big flaws of character too, namely whining that our Boomer parents weren't around enough and woe-is-me guilt-based parenting as we overindulge our little brats to compensate.

Boomers have a generational flaw too, tremendous guilt and self-flagellation that they will never work nor save hard enough to match the sacrifice and hardship of their parents in the Silent (greatest) generation. A generation that never stopped to smell the roses and spent life trying to figure out how to work 8 days a week (for sport) and walk to school uphill in the snow both ways.

Stereotypes are just that, typical characteristics of collective pools of people by some stratification. Everyone has the right to go against a stereotype. Outliers. I generally like every outlier I meet as long as they aren't forcing their will on me at the end of a gun or a law.
Just as the quarry we hunt I believe some have thicker skin than others and for the most part I believe most can tell off the cuff humor or teasing is just part of the fun , I've been on other forums that are much more aggressive but I didn't believe anything was directed in pure hatred , heck my ol man says my generation is troubled as well so think that's just part of the equation as time moves on

Did a post get deleted in this thread (honest question)? I have run though the entire thread twice now.. and cant find anything thats offensive or bothering...

Lots of tongue in cheek humor.. some more direct arguments/debate on behalf of one type of firearm or another.. some playfulness poking at GenX'ers being curmudgeons and poking at millennials as archetypical hipsters, etc.

If Im honest with myself, Im probably one of the more argumentative people that frequent this forum.. I admittedly enjoy a good debate and am not bothered if things end up being a bit heated at times (if two people are actually passionate about opposing points of view, some heat is to be expected occasionally.. but hearing another persons position/opinion/truth is how we learn.. whether its learning a different perspective.. or learning something about the other person themselves.. or further confirming / validating our own beliefs)..

Thicker skin I think is in order more often than not when folks get offended or upset about something read online... it is just the internet after all..

1677516177920.png

:D

(my twisted sense of humor prevails)....

Once said can’t be unsaid.

Thicker skin I think is in order more often than not when folks get offended or upset about something read online... it is just the internet after all..

The grouchiest, most disagreeable SOB on this forum, whomever that may be, is still somebody I'd like to have a beer with at a hunting convention. Curmudgeons are generally fun people in real life anyway. This is a high-class establishment and I've never felt anything said was personal.

The closest we come to judgmental and mean is the occasional "in the family" ridicule when a particular post could make all of us look bad as a lobbying group so please don't do that again. (e.g. poaching, irresponsible gun handling, disrespect for game, illegal acts, etc.)

Went through all seven pages, I couldn't find anything that hurt my feelings. Actually, I got a lot of chuckles out of some of the posts and I'm an avowed plastic gun guy!

Just as the quarry we hunt I believe some have thicker skin than others and for the most part I believe most can tell off the cuff humor or teasing is just part of the fun , I've been on other forums that are much more aggressive but I didn't believe anything was directed in pure hatred , heck my ol man says my generation is troubled as well so think that's just part of the equation as time moves on
@AHughes
Mate in Australia it's a common pastime to take the piss out of each other or hang shit in each other. This is mostly done in good fun and no malice is usually meant by it.
A lot of people from other countries don't understand or can't take the Australia way of humor.
People on this forum know me and know some of what I say is just good natured shit stirring.
I have a T shirt that says caution opinion contain within may offend.
I was at a work team meeting and was asked a question. The person didn't like the answer or the T shirt.
They were told stiff shit. If you don't like my answer don't ask the bloody question and the shirt did warn you.

In these days of political correctness people need to grow a set of balls and tell it how it is, not pussy-cat foot around trying to please minorities. The recipient needs to know that at times what people say may offend them and that's the way life is. This pandering to minorities bullshit is just that BULLSHIT.
My son is Aboriginal and they tried to give him awards at school for the best Aboriginal student in the class. He called it for what it was, tokenistic bullshit because he was the only Aboriginal in the class and refused the award. He told them yes I'm Aboriginal but I need to be assessed on my merits not my race. The school didn't like it but I am proud of him for his stance.
To many people today get offended over the smallest thing.
Don't get me started in the ME TOO shit. It's at the stage you don't know what to say to a woman nowdays. I told a lady the out fit she was wearing was absolutely beautiful.
She replied what don't I look good in other clothes. My reply was not appreciated. I told her for fucks sake I was just being nice and giving you a compliment so get stuffed stupid. Then she wanted to give me a lecture on appropriate behaviour. She was told to shut up and piss off if she wanted.
We won't mention changing kids nursery rhymes, pulling down statues and other shit that offends minorities.
The world has gone crazy but I will remain the unchanged politically incorrect person I have always been and always will be. With me it's what you see is what you get, no pretentious crap, straight honest answers and to hell with it you can take it or leave it.
Bob

Did a post get deleted in this thread (honest question)? I have run though the entire thread twice now.. and cant find anything thats offensive or bothering...

Lots of tongue in cheek humor.. some more direct arguments/debate on behalf of one type of firearm or another.. some playfulness poking at GenX'ers being curmudgeons and poking at millennials as archetypical hipsters, etc.

If Im honest with myself, Im probably one of the more argumentative people that frequent this forum.. I admittedly enjoy a good debate and am not bothered if things end up being a bit heated at times (if two people are actually passionate about opposing points of view, some heat is to be expected occasionally.. but hearing another persons position/opinion/truth is how we learn.. whether its learning a different perspective.. or learning something about the other person themselves.. or further confirming / validating our own beliefs)..

View attachment 520040

:D

(my twisted sense of humor prevails)....
@mdwest
It is a great virtue to be able to agree to disagree. Now it seems everyone wants to be right.
I don't need thick skin. It wouldn't match my beauty and soft delicate skin that gives me radiance and stunning good looks. No I haven't been on the Bundy and Vegemite sandwich again.
Teflon shoulders are better than thick skin the shit just slides off, no problems.
A wise man told me if you can hang shit on yourself and laugh it won't matter what people say because you can laught that off to. We are masters at hanging crap on ourselves especially when we stuff up. The names we call ourselves for our stupidity at times can't be printed. If we can do that to ourselves what others say shouldn't worry us to much.
Bob

@AHughes
Mate in Australia it's a common pastime to take the piss out of each other or hang shit in each other. This is mostly done in good fun and no malice is usually meant by it.
A lot of people from other countries don't understand or can't take the Australia way of humor.
People on this forum know me and know some of what I say is just good natured shit stirring.
I have a T shirt that says caution opinion contain within may offend.
I was at a work team meeting and was asked a question. The person didn't like the answer or the T shirt.
They were told stiff shit. If you don't like my answer don't ask the bloody question and the shirt did warn you.

In these days of political correctness people need to grow a set of balls and tell it how it is, not pussy-cat foot around trying to please minorities. The recipient needs to know that at times what people say may offend them and that's the way life is. This pandering to minorities bullshit is just that BULLSHIT.
My son is Aboriginal and they tried to give him awards at school for the best Aboriginal student in the class. He called it for what it was, tokenistic bullshit because he was the only Aboriginal in the class and refused the award. He told them yes I'm Aboriginal but I need to be assessed on my merits not my race. The school didn't like it but I am proud of him for his stance.
To many people today get offended over the smallest thing.
Don't get me started in the ME TOO shit. It's at the stage you don't know what to say to a woman nowdays. I told a lady the out fit she was wearing was absolutely beautiful.
She replied what don't I look good in other clothes. My reply was not appreciated. I told her for fucks sake I was just being nice and giving you a compliment so get stuffed stupid. Then she wanted to give me a lecture on appropriate behaviour. She was told to shut up and piss off if she wanted.
We won't mention changing kids nursery rhymes, pulling down statues and other shit that offends minorities.
The world has gone crazy but I will remain the unchanged politically incorrect person I have always been and always will be. With me it's what you see is what you get, no pretentious crap, straight honest answers and to hell with it you can take it or leave it.
Bob
I'm going to have to take a trip to Australia, I've always wanted to go and sounds like my kind of fellows , I like knowing where I stand with folks ! and to your son that sounds like he was raised not in the way of the new world(trophy for everyone) but the honest policy of a man makes his own way not on the backs of the majority to him you should be proud papa..

I do tiptoe around some as I try not to offend but hell maybe I'm just a nervous nelly I just don't like seeing grown men pout :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brookbeans941

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!