AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
us.leica-camera.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
L1140147_night.jpg

I am someone who doesn’t want to compromise, so I need reliable, all-round, compatible gear. Especially in my hunting equipment, I value dependability, intuitive operation, and rugged, high-quality workmanship. I don’t want to cut any corners. So, when choosing my hunting optics, their seamless use during the day, twilight, and night were extremely important to me, especially when it comes to hunting and thus killing a wild animal.

During the day, no matter the type of hunt, I always want to keep an overview and master the situation. Determining range in the hunting grounds, which is very easy with the Geovid, is half the battle. Day or night, I am aware of exact distances, so I can focus on the essentials. In addition to accurate rangefinding, a large field of view is particularly important to me when hunting. With my Leica riflescope, I meet this requirement and achieve high image and detail sharpness well into dusk.

p1211080-01.jpg

For a successful hunt in the dark, or in adverse weather conditions, I rely on the Calonox header and hand-held thermal camera. The use of thermal imaging technology when hunting our nocturnal wild boar has certainly become standard for many – including me. The high contrast and high detail recognition offered by both Calonox Sight and View prevent mistakes and thus make a decisive contribution to our high standards of ethical hunting. Relying on established thermal imaging is not a question of merely increasing the “tech” side of hunting, but a question of responsibility and safety. A level of safety comes into play when safely identifying leading sows and selectively shooting individual animals. We owe all of this to our game and should therefore strive to minimize, or completely avoid, hunting risks. Night stalking becomes a safe and very special experience, thanks to the intuitive operation of the Calonox models and their smooth interaction with my usual hunting setup. The same conditions, the same gear I am used to. Without compromise, but with a maximum of safety, independent of natural light – for an ethical shot at night.

I would like to conclude with a hunting caveat, which we must always keep in mind: For us hunters, taking a life also means taking responsibility.

Much success!
Jannik Hennefarth

I have done a lot of "ethical hunting at night". Not with a Calonox or similar device but with the assistance of the full moon plus a Zeiss telescope 2.5-10x52 attached to a Sauer drilling .30-06.

With that I shot plenty o bushpig in the old Northern Transvaal, now called Limpopo province. That was what I call hunting at its best. Not easy but extremely fulfilling.

I ethically dispatched a couple Bushpigs at Night with a Nightforce scope aided by my PH and his Mono FLIR…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross