Engraving Examples on Bolt Rifles

Heck, no apology necessary. You "called me on the carpet" for "something as trivial" and I gave you a "ration of shxt" back at you.

In all seriousness, my Heym is a working gun. I went through my gun collecting period where properly clocked screws were so important.

My Heym had (past tense) an area on the barrels that was clearly from "Africa Carry" by the former owner. There, the bluing was nearly gone! I was a little bit proud of the wear on her. This October, I let my lion hunting PH handle her. Evidently whatever was on his hand took ALL the bluing off her barrels just ahead of the forend. I darn near cried! We were in the ultra-dry Kalahari in October. I didn't wipe her down with oil after that day. My bust....

Just because you are such a good sport, and a much respected contributor to this forum, here are a couple quick shots of my refreshed Heym. Don't dog me out about my photography skills. I gave up my photo studio for my step-daughter's room. The price of love!

Even though my Heym's screws are not perfect, like the screws in my head..., they do not warrant a screw driver getting anywhere near their engraving... "Do no harm" as her caretaker.

View attachment 507301

Not very clear, but notice that I had JJ Perodeau mill groves into the rib for an RMR quick release mount. I haven't re-installed the RMR since returning from her refresh.
View attachment 507303
I love the rich red hue of the wood.
 
Not sure if you would consider this engraving or not. I'd say it's closer to knurling with a pretty design. It does greatly increase purchase on the bolt knob to make positive movements. Engraving is more decorative IMO.
1672261049474.png
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,330
Messages
1,573,184
Members
169,721
Latest member
descselfgare1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top