Emirates

john corry

AH member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
34
Reaction score
27
Hi,
I’ve flown with emirates before but I was wondering what the limit was in terms of guns & cases? Can I book 2x rifles both in separate cases? And 1 x ammo?
Thanks in advance
 
Hi,
I’ve flown with emirates before but I was wondering what the limit was in terms of guns & cases? Can I book 2x rifles both in separate cases? And 1 x ammo?
Thanks in advance


Rifles are considered sporting equipment. I believe international convention allows ONE sporting equipment bag in exchange for one of your allotted suitcases. When bringing two (bows and guns) I always had a second passenger checking the second sporting good.

Coach allows 50lbs for the gun case, 70lbs if in business or first class. 11lbs for the ammo and its case.

Some emirates counters arbitrarily require your ammo to be sent as a bag (there went a checked bag!) whereas others allow you to put that ammo in its locked box inside one of your checked bags, conserving your bag limit.
 
When I went to SA on Emerites in 2016 I put my locked ammo case inside my checked luggage.
They had me take it out to weigh but it rode inside my checked luggage.
I would have your ammo in a secure hard case so that you can send it separate if needed, especially if you are on a connecting flight inside SA.
 
Good advice! Been there. You may run into some odd, unexpected, unannounced policies depending on carrier within RSA. Then put the locked ammo case back into regular checked bag when checking in for return flight as per standard policy for most other carriers.
 
I’m flying to Dar from London. I guess I will book business class to allow for more baggage.
The reason I ask is that (I know I’m mad, but so be it) I actually take my old rifles in their original leather cases. I’m taking two with me and prefer to use the old cases for what they were made for.
Cheers
 
I’m flying to Dar from London. I guess I will book business class to allow for more baggage.
The reason I ask is that (I know I’m mad, but so be it) I actually take my old rifles in their original leather cases. I’m taking two with me and prefer to use the old cases for what they were made for.
Cheers
Pardon my ignorance, do they allow you to travel with your original leather cases?
 
Amazingly, they do. All that is required is a ‘secure lockable case’. Fortunately, I have both keys.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,397
Messages
1,575,003
Members
170,211
Latest member
ErnaZ01306
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top