Elephant GABON

Philippe

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
208
Reaction score
431
Location
Libreville -GABON-
Media
48
Hunted
Upper Volta , Gabon , France , RSA
The new management of power in Gabon has just authorized the slaughter of elephants which destroy the villagers' plantations. The slaughter is carried out by the villagers. This had been prohibited for almost 40 years, with some acts of village poaching here and there.
Poaching for ivory continued despite everything in the deep forest.
The order was also given to release all those imprisoned for "having defended their plantations".
As soon as said, the next day the images circulated on social networks.
Bad times for elephants.
 
wouldn't allowing out of country hunters bring in money that could be put to greater use?
 
f3834e19-c652-4cae-b8e6-62b4b567cfb2.jpg
7aaaa8ce-300b-4dfb-90f2-4dd0135af443.jpg
581eba2e-9c07-4152-b789-0327438e75e2.jpg
371af018-b89f-4519-9966-b0a90cee4182.jpg
371af018-b89f-4519-9966-b0a90cee4182.jpg
3696453c-d8a5-48d2-9b43-ab0b478f6617.jpg
e93a4528-a93b-4e53-be85-c5e27a9a7068.jpg
c57456bc-d215-4874-a64b-bbe86da95593.jpg
0de2c85a-601a-46da-8837-4f7a4398f922.jpg
 
I was in Gabon in October hunting (im attaching some photos). There are a zillion hunting opportunities,,, if it wasn't because is so corrupt it would be a paradise. Hope they now how to manage this situation and animals are not wipe out.
Wow, amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing. So sad to hear of the problems and corruption there...and the slaughter of elephants. It seems crazy to not let well-managed hunting which will bring in money.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,352
Members
169,528
Latest member
MickiMoody
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top