Draw Results coming in

Best of luck! I’ll be anxiously waiting to hear about a fine billy goat Hunt!

Sadly my hunt pretty much got smoked out from the Williams Fork and the Cameron Peaks fires.:cry: 3rd year in a row I’ve been unsuccessful.

Good luck! That’s a great tag, can’t wait to hear how it turns out

A very happy, and very sore mountain goat hunter here!
What a challenging hunt.
Pics and story to follow.

I just saw that you were heading out yesterday on FB. You didn't have time to get sore.....:unsure:

Congrats....

Jim, My Facebook post started after I got back. Zero cell service in the wilderness area. Lol.

I was thinking that it was a mighty quick hunt, leave on Wednesday, shoot a goat and home on Thursday.

I cheated! I’ve seen his pictures! Oh am I jealous! What a fine goat taken in a beautiful location (except there’s no oxygen there!):ROFLMAO:
CONGRATULATIONS! Not sure I could survive that hunt!

The goat hunt was a true challenge. I think I’ll post the story in hunt report section.
And Ridgewalker is right the air is mighty thin up at 14000 feet

1115201151c_HDR.jpg

Thought I would close the loop on my Bighorn sheep tag. I was a success! Somehow as I was getting older the mountains were getting taller and steeper!

Beautiful Ram! Congrats! He could almost be an exact twin to mine!
Looks to be about 9 1/2 y.o,’ish?

Beautiful Ram! Congrats! He could almost be an exact twin to mine!
Looks to be about 9 1/2 y.o,’ish?
They were thinking 8 1/2 but they might be off. He is a great ram I am very happy with him.

They were thinking 8 1/2 but they might be off. He is a great ram I am very happy with him.
Looking at the pic, his growth rings are very, very smooth. Makes it tough to age him accurately. Some of these rams have really well defined rings and others not at all.
And I couldn’t agree more! Great Ram! Quite a rush putting your hands on those beautiful horns for the first time isn’t it?
I am super happy for you (y)

Looking at the pic, his growth rings are very, very smooth. Makes it tough to age him accurately. Some of these rams have really well defined rings and others not at all.
And I couldn’t agree more! Great Ram! Quite a rush putting your hands on those beautiful horns for the first time isn’t it?
I am super happy for you (y)
Thanks IdaRam! The backstory is: I have been applying for this tag for 40 years. Never thought I would draw it. I am sure glad I did. So all you folks that think it won't happen keep the faith!

Somehow as I was getting older the mountains were getting taller and steeper!
I agree the mountains grow and the air gets thinner! Congratulations! I am so envious!

Mt Griz
Awesome Ram

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg